chapter 2. American servant

America POV

Prince Rus- Russia! just Russia, walked into his room giving me a smirk. I closed my eyes trying to control my damn feelings, I opened them slightly and walked into his very spacious room. Unfortunately, I didn't meet up with the prince, but instead a tidy up room with no sign if the him anywhere. I looked around the room, scanning every object and big spaces to see if he was hiding behind or in one of those spots. Nope, not there. Silence filled the air, nothing but my light footsteps made a sound. I made quick glances in each part of the room
Where the hell is he?! I became irritated quickly, I started growling and clenched my fist that were behind my back. I squinted my eyes, I bite down on my teeth holding my anger in. Where is the-

'CRASH'

I squealed at the sound, I turned around quickly. A vase was shattered to tiny pieces on the hard carpet floor. I suddenly heard mumbled laughter behind me. The laughter of the fucking prince, I turned around slowly, my eyes meeting up with the him, his hands were over his mouth while he tried to contain his laughter. "Ahem, prince?" I said, i still had my teeth biting down. "Russia!" He said, through his hands. "Prince, why must you hide?" I said, using "prince" on purpose. He glared at me with his brown amber eyes, I gulped slightly, his eyes always got me weak. "Why must you call me prince?" He said angrily. "Its my duty and respect, Prince Russia" I said, motioning one hand and closing my eyes. He growled making me jump, his eyes darting me like they saw my soul in my body. "Are you gonna clean up" He growled. "Sir, your room is neat and tidy, there is nothing to clean" I said putting my arm behind my back again. "Behind you, Dumbass" I frowned at the name, I turned around to be faced with the shattered vase. I sighed, tears filled my eyes. I closed my eye letting the tears slide down. "I'll g-go get t-he- I- I mean, M-My materials" I said trying to contain my pain.

I went to walk but was stopped by a pair of strong arms gripping my waist. "I'm sorry" Russia said, he had pity and sadness in his voice. "Sir, you not have a need to apologize or worry about me" I said formally. I turned around which made him let go of my waist, I bowed to Russia before walking towards the doors. I took a shakey breath, I had two job's to do. Clean my face and the vase in my royals room. I touched my face and winced at the pain, the feeling was like holding a sharp-pointing knife to my face. Falling really affected my relationship with king, I need him to like me. It's the only way to help me and my family, I grew up poor and broken. My family struggled for years, trying their hardest to feed and care for each other, making money was almost impossible. We were dirt poor peasant's that lived in an old and almost crumbled home, my parents jobs gave them money that we couldn't even use to buy food or better clothes. I knew as soon I became sixteen, I seek a good paying job.

That day, I searched for the longest time, begging and fighting People for these jobs. never accepted. I came across a two of our kingdoms mighty guards, they rode there big and pure white horses. They glanced at me before stopping right in front of me. They looked at me head to toe with a kind of sympathetic look, one of the guards smiled which is oddly rare for them. They asked if I was seeking something, of course I explained how I was dirt poor and needed a good paying job. Now listen, if a guard ask a question, you must give a detailed summary about your answer. They looked a each other and nodded, one guard jumps off his horse and walks slowly to me. He opened a paper to me, he holded it to my level so I could read it.  The king needed a new maid or servant to help around, they needed to be young and pure, which meant they needed to be expericened with helping people and needed to be sweet and kind. I fit all of those. The last maid died a few days ago, I smiled at the guards and nodded, the guard in front stood straight, I bowed down. He holded out his hand for mine which i gradually did. I was put on the soft horse as we went to the kingdom. And from then and on I was the number one servant. My family was notified I was working here, I sent the money to them which was always 1,000 coins (100 dollars for short) I knew they were well fed and happy all the time, unfortunately, I have a king who is cares him and his family. So he treats me like I'm this shameful and DISgraceful person.

Either or, I'm well fed and happy. I live in the kingdom, for I gave up my freedom so I could work full time for my family. I know they miss me but it's for the greater good, working here isnt to bad. Yeah the kings an asshole but I had befriended the queen who got here after me, she is a very sweet woman. Better then her husband. Before her, the queen had a uncurable disease. She died five years ago, the first year I worked here she sadly passed away, hated my guts but I still felt bad, the king on the other hand didnt care. Odd and cold I might say. When I met the prince, he was just a year older then me, he gave me a sweet smile and waved. Though his father smacked him the back of his head making his fluffy ushanka fall off. I wanted to laugh but my respect would be lost, probably would've been fired to.

I made it to the small closet that had all the tools I needed, i opened the small wood doors to be greeted with a face full of dust. I coughed harshly swiping the dust with my hand, I reached for the small  hand-made broom and dustpan. After grabbing them I headed to the princes room, I met his creative door and knocked gently. "Prince Russia, I have returned" i said as formally as i could. Not a second earlier, he opened the door with......no shirt on. "How many times do i have to say it? Call me Russia" he groaned. I could literally feel the deep blush, I stared at his chest before letting myself in. Which was an accident. I went to the broken vase that still layed untouched, I went on my knees and started sweeping the sharp pieces of small shards.

I continued to sweep until i was interrupted with a pair of arms wrap around my stomach. I felt something warm nuzzle against my neck, I didnt realize I was holding my breath until I felt nauseous. I sighed and continue to sweep, I finally finished. "Sir Russia I-" i was suddenly picked bridal style, Russia gave a smirk as he held me. He layed me against he puffy bed while he grabbed the covers. "You stay, okay?" He said holding the covers. "Ru-ussia I....cant" I said. He then laid unexpectedly on me, I gasped as he rested his head below my stomach. "Yes you can" He finally replied. I sighed, I gently stroked his head while he smiled. He then crawled closer resting his head on my neck, I hesitated but wrapped my arms around his upper body. I felt him smirk before relaxing. I soon drifted in the darkness, falling asleep peacefully.