Part 2

George's POV
What the hell was he thinking. I watched as my twin brother yelled across the room to our fellow teammate and I guess his future date.
"Oi! Angelina!"
"What?" she called back.
"Want to come to the ball with me?"
"All right, then."
"There you go," Fred smiled at the two younger boys on front of him while I stared at him horror struck. However my focus quickly changes when I flash of blue caught my eye. Eveline normally Auburn hair was now a dark blue, tears welled up in her eyes a look of confusion, hurt, anger, and finally sadness before she hid them all behind a stoned faced expression. But her hair remained blue. Her eyes once again met mine as she began to stand up and walk towards the common room exit back for the main part of the castle.
"Hey Eve where are you... Woah nice hair"
"Wha" Eveline studered as her hand pulled a piece towards her face so she could see it. I could see a blush slowly working it's way up her face as she struggled with what to say to Fred.
"I tried a spell to see if you could change a Metamorphmagus hair color with a spell" Eveline shot me a look of thanks as Fred's attention was directed toward me allowing her to slip out of sight.
"Interesting Georgie, I would have picked something that would have brought out her eyes, maybe a purple" He turned back around as if to say something to Eveline but realizing he was gone he shrugged his shoulders and took his spot back on the couch.
"Check" Ginny voice snapped me out of my train of thought and back to the game.
"Uhh, what. Oh umm darn well I guess you win then" I said as I stood up making a move towards Fred.
"What I said check if you move your knight you can.."
"Gin I said you win, go play someone else." I grabbed Fred by the air and started towards our dormitory.
"Hey what's going on where are we going? Everyone's in the common room." I continued to walk up the stairs ignoring Fred's complaining and threw him into our room. Stumbling Fred said something under his breath as I closed the door.
I turned around to see him sitting on his bed, legs crossed, head in hands, starring.
"Sooo why's you drag me up here? What did you want to talk about?"
I looked at my brother, although we're were identical and could normally understand each other's every thought, he appeared to be a foaren person, as if he had just stepped off the boat from Durstang.
"What was that down stairs?"
"What?"
"You know what I'm talking about. The whole Angelina thing."
"Ohh sorry mate, you should have asked her sooner." I watched as he turned on to his back and started up at the cover of the bed. "Though I didn't realize you called dips on her. We can always just switch dates I doubt she'll notice."
I running a hand down my face I let out and sat down on the trunk at the end of his bed.
"That's besides the point. You can't think of anything else, or for the matter anyone else, that might be the reason for me to drag you up the stairs?"
"Not that I can think of," Fred looked up at me "Should I have?"
Shaking my head I turned away from him and looked into the fireplace.
"Let's see how about we start with the oblivious. You like Eveline."
Fred shot up sputtering. I put a finger up to silence him.
"I saw you two tonight all snuggled up on the couch talking, playing with her hair, and don't think about all the flirting I've seen between the two of you this week. But then you go and ask out Angelina, ignoring the girl who was quite literally at your feet."
Fred's mouth opened and closed like a goldfish. Continuing "I'm also surprised you didn't see right through my lie about her hair color. You know when a Metamorphmagus feels a strong emo-"
"What does it matter anyways. It's not like she likes me."
I stared at my brother.
"Are you serious?" I laughed "Her hair turned the deepest shade of blue I have ever seen. And if that wasn't enough look back at the past hour where she was laying in your lap. And if that's not enough look back over the 6 years we've known her. When ever she's sad who does she go to? When ever she gets tired who does she lean on? And when she does fall asleep who brushes her hair out of her face and give her a jacket to make sure she's warm? You may be blind, and have the emotional capacity of a tea spoon like Ron, but I hate seeing my friends hurt. Whenever she doesn't know where to look her eyes fall on you. And I see that when she walks into the room you can't help but smile and watch her. And don't think I forgot about the mistletoe incident you told me about last year." My gaze returned to Fred who sat frozen in his bed, hugging his pillow to his chest. I watched as he slowly stood up, crossed the room to the door, and left.