That information caught Bree off guard. Her dad knew about that?

"Isn't that what teenaged girls are supposed to do?" Bree laughed.

"So you're not denying it?" Christie asked.

Man, she was like a pit bull with a bone. Just drop it already.

"Mom, I'm fine." There. Bree was sure that would throw her off her scent.

"What was his name again?" Christie pressed.

"Harry." Yep, it still hurt to say his name.

"Harry? Such an old name for a young soul...He is young, isn't he?"

Ironically, that was the same thing Christie had said the first time Bree had mentioned Harry to her.

"Same age as me." Bree said. For the second time.

"So why'd you two break up?"

Bree let out a long and laborious sigh of defeat. "Do you want the complicated answer or the uncomplicated answer?"

"The uncomplicated answer."

"He lied to me."

"What'd he lie about?"

"He told me he didn't do something that he did, in fact do."

Christie sounded impatient on the other end of the phone line. "Okay, so what are we talking here? Hard time or what? What'd he lie about?"

Bree hesitated to answer. And then she took a moment to be introspective about her hesitation - but only a moment because her mother kept badgering her to answer. Why couldn't she answer? Why couldn't she give a reasonable answer to the question: What did Harry lie about?

"Mom, I-" It was Bree's intention to tell her mother that she didn't want to talk about it. But the floodgates opened and Bree broke down. And out of her mouth spewed every fear and failure she harbored in regards to one Harry Styles.

* * *

Jocelyn stared at the small rocks that lined the flowerbed and porch of the two-story Victorian home. After contemplating her words, she carefully brought her right hand up to rap on the large mahogany door.

It opened so fast that Jocelyn thought it was going to fly off its hinges.

"Yeah?"

"Um..." Jocelyn blinked a few times as she tried to remember what she wanted. "Um, is Tom here?"

Nate towered over the lone girl at the door. He looked her up and down before a slow smile spread across his face.

"Joss!" he greeted her.

"Hey, Nate...It is Nate, right?"

"Ah, I'm hurt!" Nate feigned a shot to the heart. "You didn't even remember my name!"

"It's not Nate?"

"It is."

"Then I remembered."

"But you weren't sure."

Jocelyn was on a mission and was annoyed to be waylaid by Nate and his antics. Even if he did have the cutest dimples when he smiled.

"So...is Tom here?" she asked again.

"Nope. He ran out for a sec. I think he'll be right back. Wanna wait?" Nate asked.

Since she had nothing better to do, she agreed.

"Okay. You can wait in the house," Nate said as he walked out past her, to the open garage.

"Where are you going?" Jocelyn asked. She'd gotten her fill of being alone and wasn't really in the mood for it at the moment.