4) The Lockhart Books

Start from the beginning

"Ginny," Ron said to Harry. "You don't know how weird it is for her to be this shy, she never shuts up normally—"

We climbed up to more flights and went into Ron's room. Having seen it before, I immediately flipped onto his bed. I thought his room was too orange. Blue would have been better.

I flipped onto my back and saw Ron looking at Harry nervously, "It's a bit small. Not like that room you had with the Muggles. And I'm right underneath the ghoul in the attic, he's always banging on the pipes and groaning...."

Harry was grinning widely, "This is the best house I've ever been in."

Ron's ears went pink and I laughed.

I found myself walking into the police station where Luke worked a week later. I'd finally been able to talk to Harry which was nice. I was hoping I could convince Luke to take me school shopping the same day the Weasley's went.

He was sitting at his desk, writing some notes in Greek. His partner, a cheery woman, smiled when she saw me. I waved then flipped onto Luke's legs.

"Hi, Percy," Luke said without looking up.

"Heyyyyy Luke," I said. I watched as his eyes narrowed and he looked down at me, "What did you do?"

"Nothing, yet. You know I love you, right?"

"Oh. What do you want?"

I pouted, "Can I not say that I love you? Just to say it?"

"No."

"Eh. Can we go school shopping when the Weasley's go? I want to catch up more with Harry. Cause we had to kidnap him from his own house, you know?"

Luke stared down at me, "When are they going? And do you have the list yet?"

"List came in this morning, and they're going next Wednesday. That's when Hermione is going, too."

"...next Wednesday? Let me check my schedule. Oh, look. I have work then. Like I do every Wednesday. Because I have to keep us alive."

I looked up at him, and started talking quickly in Greek, "I'm rich, you dolt. I've got about a million dollars in this giant hole under the ground. I also have a job. Sure, I don't work often, but I have one anyways. You could just be a normal person for five seconds and realize that you don't have to work."

Luke deadpanned, "I'm not feeding us on your money, Dude."

"It can be our money," I said, smiling up at him.

The chief of this station had been listening in, apparently, "You can take him on Wednesday. I owe you for coming in Sunday. If he's going off for school soon, you should spend time with him anyways."

I couldn't help but smile. Luke looked down at me, "Fine, but you better clean your room. What's on the list, anyway?"

"Well we have all of the stuff from last year that I can use. A new uniform, probably. And there's a ton of books. Hermione sent me the list in Greek, the saint she is, so I can actually read them. Second year students will require:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart. "The new teacher must be a fan. Who's Gilderoy Lockhart, anyway?"

Luke was staring wide-eyed down at the list, "That's a lot of books. Bet you're going to enjoy reading those. Lockhart is this famous dude. He's supposedly done a lot of amazing things. His books are about those. Somehow, I doubt they're true. He's too much of a pretty-boy. Doubt he's ever gotten his hands dirty."

I nodded, "Mrs. Weasley had a book by him. His face was on it."

Luke nodded, "You're going to have to read every single one of those before school starts. You'll stand no chance if you don't. But I think they've just opened a Greek section. Would've been nice for my time there."

I rolled my eyes, "Nothing was nice during your time. You're a Slytherin."

"Well you're a Hufflepuff, and I wouldn't say that's much better," Luke smirked and pushed me out of his lap. "Go do something else. I'm busy. And don't get hit by a car."

Lots of cars around here. It's pretty funny.

"Don't tempt me," I said, walking away from him.

"If you get hit by a car, I'll kill you."

"No, the car will."

In the transfer, back when I was posting the very beginnings of the first chapter, I had to take everything from my other account, and pull it to this one. Everything got deleted, and I think I managed to get it all, but I'm worried something may have happened to this anyway. Tell me if anything seems off, please, I'll go in and correct it.