He was a stranger to our town, I didn't know anything about him personally, beside what Lucas says, that he kills vampires for sports and revenge. I had hunch that maybe he was behind the death of those people.

But I wasn't sure for sure. Nearly over the next few days, I'd go and sneak over at Central Park and wait for something to happen. Something did happen, the same man that wore all black walked over and dumped a body there.

I saw him pull out a black marker and write on their arm. That would be four by now. Over the next few days, he kept on doing it, but why ? I needed answers. So I decided to go into our forest and search for Lucas. "Lucas !" I shouted.

In a snap of an eye, he was here. "Lucas... I really need to talk to you about something" I told him. "I think I have an idea what you want to talk about" he said leaning against a pine tree. "You do ?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, it's about those dead people, about Helsing" he said. "How do you know about it ?" I asked surprised. "Vampire's know everything" Lucas said smiling. "Oh you vampire's know everything ?" I asked."Yes, we know everything" he said smiling away.

"So...do you know why this Helsing is killing innocent people and writing numbers on them ?" I asked him. "He's marking them, cause it's his way in telling us vampire's that he's after us, it's called marked for death" Lucas told me.

"Marked for death, but why innocent people from here ?" I asked. "Helsing... is different, that his hate for us cause's him to kill anything, and I mean anything that walks in his path, he will kill" Lucas said. "And how many people will have die for his hatred ?"I asked worried.

"Nothing will stop him, unless... he kills me" Lucas said. "What ?" I said way more concerned.  "I've told you he hate us, but hates me the most, cause... well I killed his wife" he said. "But why ?" I asked.

"She was a nuisance, the other's were fighting off Helsing, well she fought back for him, and she got into the way, that I had no choice but to kill her " Lucas told me. "How did she go ?" I asked him.

"I bit into her neck, but to physically kill a human and not make them into a vampire you have to drain them" he told me. "Drain ?" I asked confused. "Blood" he said. "Oh, so If I choose to be a vampire, you'd drain me ?" I asked.

"No, please don't ever wish to be one, you'll never be able to control the thirst of blood, it's like a hunger for it, so please never ask me to change you" he said he embraced me into his arms. "I'm sorry, I just wondered about it" I said.

My ear was pressed against his chest, I heard no heartbeat, his skin felt as ice cold against mine. I knew vampire's were already dead. But I didn't care. Afterwards, we talked some more, finally after some time, "Well I should get going" Lucas said.

"Do you have too ?" I asked. "Yes, I need to go and tell the others about Helsing" he told me. "Alright then" I said then had hugged him and turned away. I glanced over my shoulder and he was already gone.

Later in a week, there was a terrible storm, the wind was nearly going 40 miles an hour, rain poured down hard in large buckets. I felt like it would never stop, thanksgiving went and passed, mom left with the my brothers and sister.

Dad and I stood in the door entrance watching as they drove off. The house felt more empty than ever, sometimes in bed I'd start thinking a lot. Then I end up crying myself to sleep after realizing how lonely I was.

I want to be strong, I really do but I just can't help bursting out crying sometimes, because I just don't know how things will get better. Sometimes it's just better to keep silent than to tell others what you feel.

Because it hurts badly when you come to know that they can hear you, but can not understand. Crying made it a little easier for me, but I still missed my mom. Some days went by quick, and dad told me I had to go to school.

I went but didn't like it. Once again, Jessica and Tessa teased me. One day, I was outside sitting on the bars on the playground just minding my own business when they walked over. "Well isn't it little poor Zoey" Jessica said. "Go away" I told her. "What for ?" Tessa asked.

"I heard your mommy left" Jessica said. That made me mad as heck. I dropped down and landed next to Jessica. "What is your problem Jessica ?" I asked mad with her. "My problem is you !" she yelled at me.

"No... I'm sick of you picking on me so much, we use to be such good friends, now all you can do is tease, pick and talk behind my back, what happened to that girl that was my friend ?" I asked furious then ran off.

I never looked back to see what her face looked like. I was so just frustrated with her, I ran to the school's fence and just stood there for some time. After some time, a voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned to see Vince, Jessica's brother.

He was quite fetching today, he was wearing jeans that were faded, and a blue shirt, which nearly made his blue eyes pop. "Oh hi" I said sadly. "You okay ?" he asked. "Yeah, why ?" I asked straightening myself up.

"I saw what happened" he said. "Oh, that" I said. "You sure you are okay ?" he asked. "Yeah, I'm fine" I told him. "Okay" he said then turned and walked off. I walked back inside the school, Jessica and Tessa were standing by their lockers smiling away and being themselves.

I pulled out my art books and went into class. I liked Mrs. Fielding, she was nice. She had beautiful grey white hair and brown eyes. Her husband, the principal Mr. Fielding was a little strict with every student.

Art went well, afterwards I had Spanish class with Mrs. Hardwood. Spanish was hard, try learning a language that only Spanish people knew. I glanced out the window, another class was out there doing p.e.

I glanced down at my papers, I didn't even once write down any Spanish words. I glared at the clock on the wall, only fifteen more minutes till class was over, I began jotting down the words. Finally afterwards the bell rang, lunch time.

I wished today wasn't so long.  

I sat at a far table near the wall, I sat alone. Which I preferred to be alone, till Sadie came along and sat down. "Hey" she said smiling. "Hi" I said. "You seem sad or upset about something" Sadie said noticing. "I'm fine" I said. Lie.

I didn't feel like talking to her. Later on after school, I walked around town. "Hi Zoey" someone said. I turned "Hi Fred" I waved at him. Fred was a hobo. He always wore a brown holy jacket, black slacks, and a yellow ripped shirt.

He was very kind to everyone here about everyone loved him. Only a few times the towns people would give him things like food and other things. He wasn't old, he seemed to be about mid fifties. After a while, I sat on a picnic table once again thinking.

"Hi Zoey" I looked up to see T.J. He was in my art class, he was african american. "Hi T.J " I said. "I saw you sitting here, and thought I'd say hi to you" he said. "Oh, okay" I said. "How's your dad doing ?" he asked. "He's good, busy with work" I told him.

"Oh okay" T.J said. T.J was about seventeen years old. He was wearing jeans with his football shirt. He was a quarterback for the football team. "I heard about your mom and siblings leaving, I'm sorry" he said. "Thanks, yeah" I said.