Just Blink (Chapter 13)

Chapter 13

Evan's POV-----

I was in a different room than Seth, which could end up multiple ways. He seemed stable earlier today, which was good. As long as his roommates don't startle him, he's good. As long as he doesn't call, he's good.

In the meanwhile, I had one roommate assigned to this dorm. He didn't even show up in the dorm until five. And he was loud. He rambled on about himself, about that his name was Sonny DeCartes. He went on about how he was glad to have me as a roommate and all of that other junk people are supposed to say out of common courtesy. He looked like he wanted to say something apart from the formalities, but I dismissed the look.

I needed to go to sleep soon. One, I was jet lagged, and two, I needed to talk to Kita. It sounds ridiculously stupid, and I've seen downright foolish, but Kita is, in essence, a form of communication with my subconscious mind while I'm asleep. Yes, a figment of my imagination that I talk to in my dreams, whatever you want to call it. The point is, during the northern hemisphere's winter, I tend to sleep more. However, during summer, I barely sleep. It's always been like that, insomniac in the summer and barely able to stay awake in the winter. Great job, me.

After a good while, I finally fell asleep.

'You find him attractive, don't you? Hazel eyes, light brown hair put into a short ponytail. He's pretty tall, noisy, but attractive indeed. Am I right, Evan?'

'Kita, you're not usually this intrusive.'

'Just a bit excited, is all. I get to literally see you tomorrow.'

'I'm serious, Kita.'

'Fine... I got a present today, alright? You happy?'

'From whom?'

'Ongaku...'

'Music? So the North likes Music. What did you get?'

'A precious stone.'

'Which one?'

'Crazy Lace Agate.'

'Happiness and Laughter...'

'I'd prefer if you didn't read into my personal life, Evan.'

There was a moment of silence in which Evan sighed.

'Fine then, I'll be waking up then.'

'See you tomorrow.'

'Yeah, yeah.'

I woke up to silence, surprisingly. It seemed like Sonny left the room. Kita was shockingly stubborn today, is that what love does to him? Bothersome, if you ask me. But who am I to have an opinion on this topic? Blindly falling in love isn't my forte. It's moreso Amanda's. But then again Amanda's a good judge of character. Meh. Enough talk of that subject.

Time to check with Seth, to see how he's doing. I need to stretch my legs, anyway. Room C015, the fifth room on the third floor. It's down the hall from my room, C019. The hall was almost eerily empty, and quiet. The tile floor was cold, given that it was winter and they didn't seem to be heated. When I reached his door, I knocked and Seth opened it.

It seemed like he had two roommates who were currently absent. And as of the current moment, Seth hadn't panicked because of anything. This was good, having that happen now wouldn't be pleasant. Especially given that the ensuite had such a large mirror. Both a trigger and a weapon, oh gosh. But it looks like Seth was just listening to music and writing.

-------------------------

Omniscient POV

"So..." Evan began, "About how you told us about the immortal thing... Why a sticky note?"

Seth shrugged, "I was nervous. And, as you know, I hate it when I stutter, it ruins my train of thought."

"But a sticky note?"

"Better than a text or email."

Evan sighed, "True... Anyway, have you decided what you want to do about that thing? We can't exactly wait until it happens."

Seth leaned back against the wall, "I don't know. It's been a while since it's happened, so I'm actually pretty worried about the magnitude of the next one."

"Well, please tell your roommates about it. I don't want to be pessimistic about it or anything, but too many things could go wrong. And I'm the only one of us within almost immediate access."

"Yeah... Anyway, how's your roommate?"

Evan complained, "Noisy, but I'll live."

Seth laughed softly, "I don't know why, but I kind of felt you'd get a roommate like that."

Something about the way he said that threw Evan off a bit. "Oh... Really? I wonder why."

"Just a gut instinct, I guess."

"Well, just don't forget to tell your roommates. I think I'll read until I'm ready to sleep."

"Okay then. But you just woke up, didn't you?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

And with that, Evan exited the room.

--------------------

(A/N) Just came back from a wedding. I'm tired but such is life. I'll sleep after this update.