she's not going.

•••

"nothing about this is okay. nothing about this is okay!" finn darted, hatred in his charcoal eyes for his sick-minded father who just did something that he can't take back.

finn reached for his keys that lay under the shattered glass, giving him one last deadly look, storming out of the house in disgust.

he reached his ebony black cadillac which sat in the empty driveway; his mother's car not there. he can't blame her for leaving. his father is simply an asshole, not for cheating on her with at least 30 other women but lying about the fact that he loved her.

love is confusing to finn. he just can't see himself loving someone like that.

he sits in his car, wild thoughts clouding his mind. he just wants to get away, he just wants to escape everything that's been happening, start somewhere new, even.

jack is gone now, forever, and he can't do anything about it. he keeps telling himself that it was his fault he died. he would give absolutely anything just to go back and change the events that happened that very day.

"jack, you sure you wanna do this?"

"yes. don't worry frog face. everything will be fine!"

no, it wasn't gonna be fine. that was the last time he ever heard him call him by that name again.

....

her head is throbbing now. her mother is the worst at convincing her to come to tonight's dinner with the one and only, iris apatow.

"mum, i told you enough times, she just wants to make my life a deeper hell hole and i really don't want to arrange another study session with her if we're just gonna argue the whole time about how i-"

"millie, honey, we haven't met with her parents in a while and we need you two to get along because we are going to keep arranging sessions until you finally learn how to-"

"i'm not coming, and that's final."

no one understands how much she hates the girl. since the very beginning, iris has been nothing but a malicious prick towards Millie.

she stomps up the stairs and into her bedroom, pushing the door shut with both hands and bringing her fingertips to her temples, pressing down on her boiling skin. she's a bit surprised that they're letting her off today. on most occasions, they tell her she's grounded if she doesn't attend but there are some advantages of being older.

taking a deep breath, she plonked herself on her bed, thinking of anything better to do instead of coming face to face with that green-eyed clown. she decides to walk over to her living room-sized bathroom and take a warm bath. it won't cool her down but it will relax her mind for a good hour, at least.

the lavender scented bath bomb gently fizzes in the steaming water, along with her petite body resting inside, at a temperature that fits her satisfaction. she sighs calmly, the dim light still a bit visible through her closed eyes as she tries to think about nothing just for once; she didn't like to be reminded about the little things she didn't tick off in her to-do list or the page of homework that she had missed or the regrets she had about the day before.