Chapter Twelve-Joe Haskell-Part two

Picture of Joe Haskell who attempts to get away from the Collinwood Manor...after Carolyn Stoddard's betrayal, in 'Dark Shadows', 1966, right in the media section; and Episode 18 of Season One, 1966, in which Victoria Winters knows why Roger Collins had had his accident.

Warning: it is rated PG for some supernatural horror violence, adult themes.

You must be 13 years and over to see and hear it.

B/W.

*

Mid, 1966

Time stood at a standstill.

I wanted to make sure Carolyn and I went to the movies.

Not the Blue Whale...Not there.

It wasn't so bad.

Yet, I knew about Burke Devlin.

And his past.

*

Tom stared at me.

"I don't want to bother you but there's more to the Collinswood Manor story that...". I stared out of the bedroom window.

"I hate that house".

Tom, who had brown hair, brown eyes, and tall, wore a dark brown coat. His blue shirt was loose; his face was lined in pain.

"What happened?", I asked.

"I heard something in the darkness. An animal. Maybe...".

"What kind of animal? A fox; a deer; a bear".

"It howled. Like a werewolf".

I stared at him.

"A Werewolf. You seen that Oliver Reed movie too many times. Besides, you must tell Chris. Amy is in town looking after the Lenore Filmore. Her Grandmother is very concerned about her influence with the old woman".

"I should decided how to deal with that story of why she was at Windcliff Sanitarium. I heard Doctor Julia Hoffmann treated that Collins boy once".

"David Collins".

"Yes, for disturbance".

"Disturbance. Is he psychologically unwell? He's too young".

"He doesn't like Roger Collins. There's a defect or something in Roger's mental state. After the trial against Burke Devlin, he thought it was the end of the matter. The threat was contained. You see, I don't see the trial in nineteen fifty-six, was the true reason why such dark shadows hover over the Collinsport ports...Or at Collinwood Manor".

"And now...".

"Now, we see how we deal with the others".

"The others...".

"Yes, the Vampires of Collinsport", Tom said.

And I shivered.

Page 13.