Chapter 22 - A Battle's End

Start from the beginning

"Is she okay?" Axel asked immediately as they all crowded around him. Lukas and Axel were waiting in anticipation to hear more, while Olivia was checking over Radar and examining his wounds.

"No!" Radar said, shaking his head desperately. "I mean P-Petra's fine, but J-Jesse is... is..."

"Is what?" Lukas asked anxiously.

"D-dying." Radar choked out, burying his face into his hands. "S-she's she's got a-a stab w-wound. P-Petra t-told me to get h-help."

"Where are they?" Olivia asked anxiously, exchanging fearful glances with Lukas and Axel.

"H-here." Radar said, holding the tracker out to Olivia. She took it, as he pointed to a spot between the Home Base and Cell Block. "They're taking shelter in a cave."

"We have to go immediately." Axel said.

"Do you know what happened to them?" Lukas asked Radar.

"Petra o-only said that Aiden s-stabbed Jesse." Radar said shakily.

"Scratch what I said earlier, if I get my hands on Aiden I'm tearing him to shreds." Lukas growled.

"Radar, you said Jesse was dying." Olivia said seriously, kneeling beside Radar so her face was level with his. "How severe is this wound of hers?"

"I-I don't know but Petra said it was bad." Radar explained anxiously. "T-there was blood everywhere, a-and Jesse wasn't m-moving-" He broke off from the anxious rambling, burying his face back into his hands.

"God, how are we going to help her once we get there?" Lukas asked worriedly. "It takes a lot to rattle Petra, by the sounds of things Jesse is really battling to make it. Who knows how much blood she lost by now."

"The command block." Olivia said suddenly. "It may have affected Jesse negatively in the past, but it can still save her."

"Then we're not letting any Blaze Rods get in our way." Axel growled, slamming his fist into the palm of his other hand.

"Agreed." Lukas said. "We have to hurry."

--------------------

Petra shivered violently, trying to keep her teeth from chattering. She wasn't sure how long it's been, but she was starting to battle to keep her eyes open. It felt like the temperature was getting warmer, while nothing had changed outside – and Petra was still conscious enough to recognise just how bad of a sign that was. With barely any clothes on her and everything used to keep Jesse warm, she was beginning to become hypothermic.

Rascal whined, licking the side of Petra's face. Her blueish lips curved into the faintest hint of a smile, acknowledging Rascal's presence.

"I-it's okay b-boy." Petra said through her chattering teeth. "I-I'm holding o-on."

Rascal whined again, tilting his head to one side and causing his one ear to droop. As Petra shivered again, Rascal's ears slightly pulled back and he whined louder.

Petra shook her head to herself to keep awake. She had to focus her mind on something else.

Putting her attention back on Jesse, Petra shakily checked her friend's pulse. Tears glimmered in her eyes at the weak beat she felt, her friend only barely alive. Even if the other found them there... there was no way Jesse could still be saved.

"I failed." Petra choked out, leaning down so her forehead was resting on Jesse's chest. "This is all my fault, all my fault."

Rascal watched with sad eyes as his owner began to cry over her dying friend, clutching Jesse like she could fall away at any second. Which she could, in a way.

The Night of the Mobs (MCSM Fanfiction - Sequel to The Secrets Beneath the Lies)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara