Chapter 60 - Sixteen Years Later

ابدأ من البداية

"We didn't forget, we had a spider-related emergency," I said simply, and the twins nodded.

"I suppose I can let you off then, just this once," Harry sighed, sitting up properly. "Boys, it's almost nine o'clock. Let's get you dressed before Uncle Sirius comes to get you." They leapt up and ran out of the room, chatting excitedly about their day with their favourite uncles.

"That's more like it..." Harry muttered, smirking as he leant down and captured my lips. He pulled away slightly, but I followed him, reaching a hand up to snake around his neck. He slapped my hand away and sat up as if nothing had happened. "Actually, I'm going to help the boys get ready."

"But it was just getting interesting..." I pouted, and he laughed, getting up and pulling a shirt over his head.

"We've got the whole day for that," Harry shrugged. "Once Sirius-"

He was interrupted by an awful scraping sound, followed by a loud "OH SHIT!" and we rushed over to the window to see what had happened. Speak of the Devil. Sirius was standing outside of the house, looking absolutely horrified as he looked at what he had done. There was a sizeable dent in the driver's door of the Mercedes next to them, and the paint had been scraped away on the back corner of Remus' Ford where they had made contact.

"Sirius?" Remus' head stuck out of the passenger side as Sirius muttered, "bollocks, bollocks, bollocks..." under his breath. "I think you left it in reverse."

"Yes, thank you, Remus, love of my life, pain in my ass..." he grumbled, as Remus went around to the driver's seat to fix his mistake.

Laughing, Harry pulled on some socks. "Unbelievable... You might as well make them a coffee or something while I get the boys ready."

I went and opened the front door, watching as Sirius subtly took out his wand and repaired both cars.

"Whose idea was it to teach him how to drive?" Remus asked exasperatedly as he saw me standing in the doorway.

"Yours," Sirius and I said simultaneously, grinning.

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

"Thank you so much for taking them with you," Harry said gratefully, following the twins downstairs with their backpacks. "And I hope Remus is driving."

Sirius threw a cushion at him, crossing his arms moodily as we all laughed.

"It's our pleasure," Remus smiled, "Teddy loves spending time with them, and it means you guys get a day to yourself."

Harry briefly made eye contact with me and winked, and I nearly spat out my coffee. As Sirius drained his cup, Harry helped Albus into his coat, Remus untangled Scorpius from his backpack, and we waved as they drove away. No sooner had I closed the door was I pushed against it, Harry immediately capturing my lips and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in weeks..." he muttered, gently kissing along my jawline and down my neck.

"And whose fault is that?" I responded, my knees going weak as he nipped my collarbone.

"I know, but Ron needed me to stay late..." Harry sighed, and I immediately held him at arms' length.

"Okay, never say his name while we're making out," I shuddered, but he just laughed. "And actually, I have something planned so you," I slid out from between him and the door and slapped his butt as I walked past, "need to get dressed. This can wait."

-/\-\/-/\-\/-/\-

HARRY POV

When I came back downstairs, Draco was wearing a green button up shirt and tie, and it took everything in me not to drag him straight back upstairs. He grinned shyly when he saw me, which was adorable and did not help my resolve, but then he handed me an envelope.