03 = Curly Fries & Connections

Start from the beginning

She did a graceful twirl in the mirror, debating the number hand-picked for her by one Lydia Martin.

The aforementioned female let out a gasp of delight, clapping her hands together and rocking slightly on her heels.

"J'adore, Argent. You simply must get it."

Allison cocked her head to the side, examining every inch of her reflection.

Celeste could understand her nerves. Apparently, after their first day at Beacon Hills High, Allison had hit a dog on the road.

While this was horrific and regret-inducing, the situation had a silver lining, seeing as the veterinary clinic she had frantically brought the poor canine to was inhabited by a very sweet puppy named Scott McCall.

This happy coincidence ended in Allison revoking her family night excuse, seeing as Scott had asked her to Lydia's party.

"Celeste? What do you think?" Allison asked, her doe eyes attentive as she waited for her answer.

Celeste hesitated, considering the garment.

"It's gorgeous, but it doesn't really seem like your style."

Allison thought for a few moments, then nodded in agreement.

"You're right. I'm probably better off just wearing something I already own."

"Besides, he'd be stupid not to like you even if you were wearing a morph suit or something," Celeste assured.

Allison smiled gratefully, but Lydia rolled her eyes.

"You guys are no fun at all," she complained lightheartedly, "anyways, we might as well get some good out of this trip. Shoe shopping anyone?"

Celeste blanched, and then laughed nervously. She personally found shoe shopping equivalent to having teeth pulled.

"Actually, I think my mom will need me home soon, sorry. But yep, yes I must be going," she stammered out her excuse, but her obvious lie fell blind to Lydia as she was distracted by a pair of dangerous looking heels.

"Okay, whatever. Bye bitch, see you tomorrow," Lydia replied distantly before scurrying away.

Allison and Celeste exchanged amused looks, then waved goodbye as Celeste began to make her way out of the department store.

Naturally, she tripped on the escalator, but she shook it off and continued on her journey outward. However, she was soon stopped by the familiar sound of her stomach growling out for food.

She sighed, spinning on her heel and instead walked inwards to the regular mall.

☾ ☽

After getting lost multiple times and knocking into various people, Celeste successfully found the food court. She surveyed the selection of vendors with hungry eyes.

Her mind registered a homely stall decorated with red and white kitchen tiles that called itself "Sue's Salads", a hipster looking place serving kale and wheat grass shots named "Hëalth", and a "Five Guys."