Hurt Pt. 2

Had I done the right thing?

Blaise shrugged, ignoring your screams and wails for him to come back as he walked through the dilapidated structure of what once was Hogwarts.

An aura of chaos surrounded the entirety of the building, and he could see the panic settled in people's eyes, both students and staff, as well as Death Eaters.

You told me you'd never hurt me.

That's what you had said as he walked away.

At first, he thought he hadn't. He thought he had kept you safe from any hurt he could have caused you.

But he forgot about the emotional hurt.

He forgot that words weighed down upon people like heavy boulders on their backs, their shoulders...

How could he have been so stupid?

Being a Death Eater had definitely taken a toll on him. He shut people out, didn't care if they cared about him or not. It was almost a defense mechanism. He had even shut you out.

You, the most important person to him. You who made him laugh, smile, feel whole again. You, the girl he wanted to marry, have children with, grow old beside.. love for eternity. But he walked away from you. He had let you go like you were nothing.

But in reality, you meant everything to him. You did then, and you still do now. The only reason he had left was because he didn't want to see you hurting because of him. At least not physically. But that didn't matter now. He hurt you emotionally.

He broke his promise.

He wanted so badly to run back and engulf you in his embrace, he wanted to kiss the crown of your head and tell you that he was sorry. That it was all a lie.

But he couldn't. You'd be more hurt having him close to you than away.

He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he were ever to inflict harm upon you. He'd rather live knowing that even if he had let you go, that you were safe nonetheless.

Maybe when all of this is over, he thought to himself, I'll go look for you. I'll come back. We can be happy again.

But even as he thought this, he couldn't bring himself to believe it.

- - - - - -

You felt numb.

That's the only way you could describe what you were feeling.

Numb.

Even as the screams and wails of people who were hurt rang in your ears, you couldn't focus on anything but the fact that you felt empty.

Blaise was gone.

He wasn't coming back for you.

If you didn't think the two of you were over then, then you definitely do now.

You walked aimlessly around the castle, never lifting your head up to look at the people running nearby, afraid that one of them would be him.

He was the last person you wanted to see. If you ever saw him again, you didn't know if you would cry or be angry at him.

The thing was, deep down, you knew that it didn't matter how you would feel.

You will never see him again.

As you walked, you didn't notice a Death Eater was following you around, and suddenly you found yourself being cornered by them. You reached for your wand in the pocket of your robe and panicked as you racked your brain for some sort of defensive spell.

You lifted up your wand, but before you could even mumble out a single spell, one shot out of the Death Eater's wand, and you felt yourself be thrown back, hitting your head against the wall.

Everything went black.

- - - - - -

A/N:

Guesss who's backkkkk :D

Sorry, this kinda sucked. I haven't really written anything since June, so I'm trying to get back into writing and trying to remember my style.

Hopefully the next few will be more enjoyable :)