Chapter 1

16th August 2012

"So this is goodbye" my voice cracked as I whispered into Marcel's ear as we hugged.

He gently tugged away to wipe the tears from my face, "We knew this was going to happen, Carter, I'm going to London and you're staying here, You were the person who didn't judge me, You were the person who talked to me and made me feel wanted. You was my first love and always will be" Marcel whispered to me, his voice croaked at the end.

"We'll see each other soon, won't we? We'll message and skype each other" I spoke and Marcel laughed, "of course we will, I never want you out of my life".

My lips brushed against his as he brought me forward, It felt like time stood still as our lips moved together, his soft, warm lips tasted like mint - like they always did, I'm going to miss him so much. 

Marcel pulled away as he heard his taxi pull up behind him, we pecked lips again as he put his suitcases into the boot of the taxi, he opened the door and got inside the taxi. The window rolled open as he popped his head out. My tears were rolling down my face as he pulled out a gun to shoot my heart when he spoke, "I will never forget you Carter Ann Roselynn". 

The taxi turned at the end of my street. 

The truth is, we did speak for about 2 months. We did. Honestly. But then, it was the 15th October 2012, when the messages stopped, the face calls stopped. I would try to contact him but the women on the phone would say the number didn't exist. He disappeared from my life. I lost him. I lost Marcel.