29. 𝓤𝓷𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓦𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼

Start from the beginning

Without looking back she took off down that hall to finally hand in her essay.

Avalon walked down to Hogsmeade with, Dorcas and Sunny that Saturday

Avalon walked down to Hogsmeade with, Dorcas and Sunny that Saturday. She had sent a letter to Rose, but she couldn't come because she had a meeting with a person from the Ministry. Apparently she was planning on working for the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, in the area that involved protecting children. She didn't exactly go into details, but Avalon was happy she had found a job she was interested in, because Avalon herself had no idea what she was going to do once she left Hogwarts.

As they neard the village they could hear music and a cheering crowed, just like Sunny had predicted.

"I'm going to go buy a butterbeer, you guys go ahead," said Avalon as they reached the township. The two girls left, Sunny had to pull Dorcas away because she was hesitant on leaving Avalon alone.

Avalon gave her a reassuring smile and made her way to the almost empty Three Broomsticks, where she ordered herself a drink and sat alone in an empty booth.

"Who would drink butterbeer when you can drink Firewhisky?" Asked the familiar voice of Fletcher coming up behind her and sitting in the seat across form her.

"Not all of us are of age yet Dearborn," she informed him, he smiled.

"I know I just thought I would tease you," he said, "October the thirty-first, right? Halloween."

"How'd you know?" She asked suspiciously.

"I know people," he smirked, "so how have you been?"

"What do you want?" She questioned not bothering to answer his question.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows, "I just wanted to make sure you're okay after everything that happened."

Avalon blinked a couple of times, it wasn't as if they knew each other very well, she just automatically presumed he wanted something like most of the other guys she had talked to that week. She probably should have been a bit more sensitive though, because he lost his sister and father that afternoon as well. She reached over and pulled the bottle of Firewhisky out of his hand.

"I'll be fine," she told him taking a long sip, "what about you?"

"My mother has completely fallen apart, and Wendy doesn't really understand what's going on, she still asks when dad is coming home," he answered.

"That's not what I asked," she said, "I asked if you were okay."

He smiled sadly, "someone has to hold themselves together."