29. 𝓤𝓷𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓦𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼

Start from the beginning

"We were just wondering weather or not it would upset you if we." She pointed to Dorcas. "Spent tomorrow together? Just me and Dorcas. Alone. The two of us," said Sunny. "I know that we said all three of us will go down there because it's the first time without Stormy, but according to the Daily Prophet that upcoming band The Bent-Winged Snitches are playing in the square, so everyone will be at that and not paying attention to us-"

"But if you still want to go down there together then we one hundred percent understand, in fact let's just forget about it, it's fine, we shouldn't have even asked. It was stu-"

"Dorcas calm down," interrupted Avalon shaking her head at her blonde friend. "Of course I'm fine with you and Sunny spending the day together, I'll send a letter to Rose, maybe she'll meet me down there." Dorcas nodded, but before she could ask if she was sure, Avalon quickly got up. "I have to got hand this in to Professor McGonagall." 

Avalon walked down the corridor, a blank expression on her face and her mind up in the clouds. She had a lot of things to think about recently, like why the hell she was being asked out all of a sudden when just last year not one of them showed any interest in her. Or about the fact that she was constantly in the presence of Regulus due to her Head Girl duties and she had promised herself that she would only communicate with him if it had to do with said responsibilities, but it was hard and most of the time, even if it was just for a second, a feeling would wash over her and she'd miss the time they'd spent together in their secret room. Or maybe about the fact that she wouldn't have been walking down the corridor alone to drop her paper off if Stormy was still here.

"Well, well, who do we have here?" Avalon rolled her eyes and turned to face the voice with an annoyed expression.

"What do you want Dolohov?" She asked, crossing her arms. "You'd have to be stupid to try and attack me again, especially since you and Tuft would be the only viable suspects. Besides now that it's one on one, it's fair. So go ahead and try it."

Dolohov smiled sadistically and walked towards her, Avalon surprised by the sudden movement stepped back.

He invaded the last bit of her personal space she had left as her back hit the wall. He reached forward and hit her essay pages out of her hand. "I don't need to harm you, all I have to to it wait. You've pissed off some bad people Potter, I would watch your back."

"Thanks for the advice," she replied before reaching into her back pocket, pulling out her wand and blasting him across the room into the opposite wall. He groaned and rubbed his head as Avalon reached down and picked up her papers. "Pay back's a bitch."

Once she had put her essay back together she left him there and continued on her way to hand it in.

She was almost there when she heard footsteps behind her and her first thought was that Dolohov had followed her, so she quickly spun around, with her wand in her hand and realised who it was just after it made contact with his chest.

"Are you alright?" asked Regulus, "you look...determined, and a little bit scary."

"I thought you were Dolohov," she told him as she withdrew her wand.

"Dolohov's been bothering you?" He asked, a look of anger quickly taking over his features.

"Not anymore," she said, before turning around and beginning to leave. "Don't forget we have a Head meeting on Monday, try not to be late."