I thought to myself , looking back at him worried.

"How cold ?" I ask.

"Freezing. Maybe a couple of degrees over. You ever.. You ever been to Wisconsin?" He asked me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"They have some of the coldest winters around. I grew up there , near Chippewa Falls." He said Camly. "I remember , when I was a kid , me And my father we went ice fishing out on Lake Wissota. Ice fishing is , you know , where you...."

"I know what ice fishing is. Do you take me for an idiot or what " I responded.

"Sorry." He said ."You just seem like, you know , kind of an indoor girl."

"I might look like it. But don't mistake me for one " I said.

"Anyway , I fell through some thin ice." Said he."And I'm telling you water that cold, like right down there, it hits you like a 1,000 knives stabbinh you all over your body" said he , as he looked down to the water.

I look over to the water and got more worried.

"You can't breathe. You can think." Said He."Least , not about anything but the pain. Which is why I'm not looking forward to jumping in there after you"

I looked at him, as he started to open up his coat.

"Like I said. I don't have a choice" he said. "I guess I'm kind of hoping you'll come back over the rail and get me offf the hook here" He said.

"You're crazy." I said.

"That's what everybody says but with all due respect, miss I'm not the one hanging off the back of a ship here" He said."Come on. Give me your hand."

He reached his hand to where I could see it.

"You don't want to do this." He said.

I slowly gave him my hand and turn to face him. I look into his eyes, that held the warmest feeling, I never felt.

"Phew, that was close" he smile."I'm Jack Dawson."

"Chloe DeWitt Bukater" I responded.

"I'll have to get you to write that one down." He said jokely.

I let out a laugh as we both laugh.

"Come on" he said.

As I was about to climb ,  but them my shoe slip.

"Oh my God!" I scream.

"I got you. Come on" said He.

I tried to grab his hand.

"Ahhhhh. Help , please" I scream. As I tried to climb.

"Please , help me!" I scream.

"Listen to me. I've got you" he said."I won't let go. Now pull yourself up. Come on!

I did what he said And fought with all my strength to get up.

"Come on. That's right" he said."You can do it.

He the pulled me up."I got you" He said that as he fell on top of me.

"What's all this?" Said a voice.

I was still shaken as the officers got here. And observed me and then at him.

"You stand back! And don't move an inch!" Said one of them.

Jack quickly stood up.

"Fetch the master at arms"

A little later

Rose was next to me hugging me And offer me something to drink..

"This is completely unacceptable" said Cal."What you think you could put your hands on my sister? Look at me , You filth"

"Cal" hollered Rose

"What do you think you were doing?" Asked Cal.

"Cal, stop. Chloe is alright" said Rose.

"He was just here in time to help me out the accident" I Said.

"Accident?" He questioned.

"It was. I was leaning over and slipped. And I didn't know that I lean to close and I .

"You lean to close" he and Rose spoke.

"Yes, I lean to close and slipped. And I would have gone overboard, but Mr.Dawson here saved me" I said.

"Are sure Chloe" Asked Rose.

"Yes , I'm sure" I said. "And he almost went over himself.

"She wanted to see more of the ship" said Cal.

"Like I said, women and machinery do not mix" said one of the men.

"Was that the way of it?" Asked the officer.

He then looked at me, and I beg him with my face not to saw anything..

"Yeah, that wad pretty much it" Jack answered.

"Well, the boy's a hero, then. Good for you , son. Well done" said one of the men."So, it's all's well and back to our brandy, eh?"

"Look at you. You must be freezing. Rose hon, help Chloe get inside." Said Cal.

"Err .. Perhaps a little something for the boy?" Answered the guy.

"Of course. Mr. Lovejoy. I think a 20 should it." Said Cal.

"Is that the going rate for saving your brother's future wife" I said Annoyed.

"Chloe" exclaimed Rose.

"Chloe is displeased. What to do again?" He said."I know"

He walk to where Jack was.

"Perhaps you could join us for dinner tomorrow evening." He said, clearly annoyed."To regale our group with your heroic tale.

"Sure. Count me in" replied Jack.

"Good. Its settled then." Said Cal.

He then turn with the other gentlemen and said"This should be interesting"

Typical Cal wanted to humiliate someone he thought of low.

I keep on staring at him as he stared at me , and I then gave him a thankful smile as he smile back at me with those beautiful blue eyes. As we continue to walk to our staterooms.