[ twelve ]

Start from the beginning

"What am I thinking..." he says to himself, "(Y/n)'s just a friend, and besides," Farlan's smile turns into a small frown, "it's not like she'll ever look at me the same way I look at her."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 6:33 p.m. ||

"Levi?"

The mentioned male darts his gaze over to the familiar figure standing by the doorway. The doctor smiles as she fully enters the cell, two packs of chips in her hands.

"I'm not allowed to give you this, actually," (Y/n) pushes the door close with a kick, "but I got you a snack."

Levi rises from his position on the bed and caught the chip pack (Y/n) threw towards him.

"I'll let you have your junk food once or twice a month. Go ahead." The girl sits on a stool beside Levi's bed, opening her own snack and munching on them. Levi stared at the object on his hands and side-eyed (Y/n).

"Aren't you supposed to ban me from eating this shit?"

"Hah," (Y/n) snickers, "It's not like it'd kill you to have those once in a while, right?"

Levi's stare lingered on (Y/n) for a good few seconds before he finally looked at the pack she gave him.

"How long has it been since you ate something like that?" (Y/n) asks the ravenette, earning a scoff from him. "Way too fucking long." He responds with his monotonal voice. (Y/n) thinks about his answer for a moment before she spares him a glance.

He had his full attention on the pack of chips while he ate.

"Make sure to drink water after that, okay?"

"Don't need to remind me, I'm not some shitty brat."

Silence came after Levi's sentence, though it was nothing close to awkward; just the crumpling of the chip packet and the crunching noises from their mouths were there for the two to hear.

Eventually, Levi got fed up by the quiet atmosphere and soughed. (Y/n) took notice of this and looked up from the food in her hands.

"You need something, Levi?"

It was when he turned to look at (Y/n) when Levi realized what he just did.

Getting sick just by simple silence is not like him at all, and he figured that out a little too late.

Did he actually want to talk? To her?

Lack of entertainment, he reasons with himself, that's why I want her talking.

"No." He replies, despite his desperate mind telling him to at least engage into a conversation with her.

(Y/n) swallows the food in her mouth, "Are you sure?"

Levi doesn't say anything after that.

"Is something bothering you, Levi? You know you can tell me anything."

Levi reacts by planting his gaze on the doctor's figure, an unreadable expression on his visage though it was as if he was examining hers.

"There is."

(Y/n) slightly moves in her place, the intimidating vibe from the male slowly getting to her. "How come you ask me almost everything about my life everytime you come here," Levi leans forward in a taunting manner, "but you don't tell me even a pinch about yours?"

Taken aback by the unexpected question, (Y/n) releases an unnerved chuckle.

Does he really... want to know something about me?

"Well, what do you want to know?"

(Y/n) straightens her posture once Levi begins to smile mishievously.

A sign of his personality shift.

Levi's silver orbs glinted maliciously as he stared directly into (Y/n)'s (e/c) ones.

He pats the space beside him on the bed,

           "Sit here and then we'll talk."