Chapter 1 (Quinn Warren)

When I was six, I had a boyfriend named Lukas Rankin. He gave me light yellow flowers, weeds he picked out of the ground seconds before giving them to me, and little candies he stole from our teachers' desk. He was a blonde-haired, green-eyed, 4 foot, little boy who stole my heart and I never forgot him. Even now as a junior in high school I still remember our dates on the playground and my first kiss in the middle of the swirly slide. The most magical thing I have ever experienced.

When we went to the second grade he had skipped a grade so he went to the third grade. I guess that's how we broke up but it was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever experienced. Even though I was young I went through it all. I never knew how he felt but I'm sure I could speak for the both of us and say that it was the best thing that has happened to me.

Enough about then let me tell you about now. Being a junior isn't easy the colleges you apply to mostly looking at this year so if I don't do good I might as well just give up my dream of being a movie director and writer. When I was younger watching movies was my life, I would break down each one piece by piece. Not too long after I turned 10 my parents got me a camera so I could make home movies. It is my passion and if I don't do that then I have no clue what I would do.

I have had straight A's ever since second grade. Never had a boyfriend since Lukas but his relationship was all I needed to get by. I just can't wait to see him again. I have never seen him, or maybe I have but I just haven't noticed because he could have changed. This year we are at the same math level so maybe, just maybe, we can be in the same math class. I don't have a phone so I have no way of knowing what he looks like now or seeing peoples schedules.

When it was the first day of school I went through all my classes: English, Drama, History, Chemistry, Psychology, Study hall, Chorus, and finally, Math. The class I had been waiting for all day. I was so excited and nervous the whole time. What if I recognized him but he didn't recognize me or the other way around. I love him. I know I do and when I see him it will all just come back to me like a tsunami.

1:43...1:44...1:45... It's time. Time to find out if I can see him. The one.

I sat down and waited... and waited... and waited.

None of them looked like how I would have imagined him. The teacher took roll and I heard a Lukas but he hadn't shown up, and the kid I knew would never skip class or be late. It was seven minutes into class and a boy came in. The teacher looked at him as he made his way to the back of the class in his chains, beanie, and punk-rock t-shirt. She then said, "Excuse, Mr. Rankin, but if you ever enter my classroom like that again we will have a problem. Understood?"

"Yes, ma'am." He said with a sarcastic tone and saluted with two fingers from his forehead.

Th-that was him? The boy I have been looking for was one of the most popular people in our school and was known for being in ISS or detention every day. I had never known any of the "populars," names. I never really had a need to know, I was very scheduled and planned and they just... weren't. I don't know how to feel, he has changed so much since I last saw him. He was perfect back then. What happened?