"Anyways," Jisoo cleared her throat. "Soojoo and the guy she met on Tinder invited us for dinner to apologize for getting you dirty last time. Wanna go?"

The brunette hasn't seen this invitation coming. It couldn't harm right? She is a close of friend of Jisoo's and so far Jennie hasn't hit it off with her yet, why not try again.

*****

Soojoo told the two they don't have to add anything to the dinner and she will cook it by herself. Therefore Jennie stopped herself from preparing something or even doing as much as buying an expensive wine.

They sat peacefully at the table decorated with silverware and tasted the creamy parmesan orzo with chicken and asparagus.

She had no idea Soojoo was an excellent cook. When she asked her why she didn't cook like this in the orphanage she responded that the kids prefer it simple.

"Yunhee why are you removing the asparagus?" Soojoo glanced over to her date.

"Sorry. Allergic." He frowned and kept pooling them out with his fork.

"Too bad you can't taste it. It's amazing as it is." Jisoo gushed, her eyes shining in delight as she took another spoonful.

"You think?" Soojoo plopped her elbow on the table and looked at Jisoo.

"Yes! That's like the best chicken ever!" Jisoo hummed.

Jennie raised a brow in the speed of light. Best? It's good admittedly... but the best!?

"Try the sweet potatoes they go well with it." Soojoo lifted a perfectly baked potato from her plate to Jisoo's.

The soft melodies Jisoo produced while eating the food irked Jennie.

She shared a glance with Yunhee who was also bothered at the way the two started talking about the dishes and ingredients, leaving them out without even realizing it.

*****

"That was a nice double date right? And the food!" Jisoo sank into the mattress and gazed at Jennie's back as the other brushed her hair.

"Yeah." Jennie rolled her eyes which Jisoo couldn't see but she heard that little scoff.

"Everything okay?" Jisoo sat up, moving to the edge of the bed and overtaking the task of brushing Jennie's brown curls.

"Perfect. Like the food." Jennie grimaced.

"You are upset." Jisoo parted Jennie's hair and swiped it over one shoulder while she placed a kiss on the other.

"Am not." Jennie pouted. "Can we just sleep and hug?"

"All right." Jisoo said unconvinced but she knew better than to push Jennie when she was clearly annoyed.

*****

The next day Jisoo woke up to an empty bed and the smell of something delicious. She tipped out of the bed and met Jisu in the hallway who peeked into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Jisoo tapped her shoulder so she doesn't scare her.

"Mom is acting weird." Jisu stated and turned around. "She has cooked five chickens this morning."

"Five? This early?" Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows. "Is someone coming over?"

Jisu shook her head. "She tasted them, then she went out and gave them to the neighbors."