"Sounds like high school drama," Nate said as he made his presence in the archway of the dining room known.

Connie had gotten Tom's brother Nate to agree not to crash their party with his friends, in exchange for a party the following night, with Tom and Connie providing the clean-up duty.

"Guys never have these kinds of problems," Nate went on.

"So if your best friend liked a girl but she was with another guy, you'd hang out with her and the other guy?" Connie asked.

"You make it sound all 'Dawson's Creek'," Nate waved his hands in the air as he mocked Connie. "It's not that big a deal. If I wanted to do something with a friend and he had his girl along, as long as we were having a good time I could care less." And then Nate added, "and if my friend was some punk bitch who whined about who I spent time with then I'd find a new friend."

Connie rolled her eyes at his summation before turning her attention back to Tom. "I don't care what he says, Jocelyn is not going to be okay with me hanging out with Bree. And I don't even see what the risk is for. Bree and I have nothing in common. I tried to talk to her and, aside from the fact that she won't talk, even if she did I'd have nothing to say. I can't compliment her clothes because they're horrible...except for the really cute top she wore the other day..."

"Connie," Tom cut her off. "If you want to go on a double date, it's going to be Harry and Bree."

Now it was Connie's turn to sigh in exasperation. "How do you even know Harry will agree? I thought you said he didn't do the dating thing."

"Well...apparently Harry is doing a lot of things he didn't do before," Tom answered.

* * *

Bree walked around Harry's room with an almost reverent awe. She had a feeling that he didn't allow many people in there, so she felt among the privileged few.

In all honesty, there wasn't that much to look at: a bed, a bedside table, a surprisingly uncluttered desk, a wall unit that housed a stereo, television and video game system and a chair.

"Nice," Bree said, although she wasn't sure that was the correct word. Not that it wasn't a nice room, it just didn't seem like it had Harry's imprint on it.

"I told you it wasn't much," Harry said.

"How much time do you spend in here?" Bree asked.

"I don't know," Harry shrugged. "Why?"

"It just doesn't seem like you."

"And what do you think my room should look like?" Harry sat down on his bed and clasped his hands in his lap as he awaited her response.

"Well...it's a lot neater than I'd thought it'd be." Bree began.

"So you think I'm messy?"

"Well...most guys are. Not that anything about you is messy," Bree backpedaled uncomfortably.

"What else?" Harry asked, amused by her discomfort.

"I don't know...it seems like...not decorated...but everything matches. Everything looks like it goes together...I mean, not that it should look like it came from a garage sale, but...oh nevermind," Bree said, flushed.

Harry laughed as he pulled her down beside him on the bed. "My mom bought all this stuff. I had no say in any of it. I'm sure she'd change it if I asked her to, but I don't really care, to tell you the truth. It's just a place to crash."

"Harry, it's really nice." Bree emphasized. "I'd love to crash here."

"Anytime you want," Harry said as he nuzzled kissed along her neck.