"Oh no you don't. You don't have a driver's license and I do." Bree playfully swatted at him.

The game of keep away continued until Harry had Bree pinned up against the driver side of her truck.

"I can't believe I passed that fuckin' test," he whispered with a sparkle in his eye.

Bree recognized the amazement in his voice. He was no longer teasing her or making a remark at her expense. He was simply astounded by the outcome of his effort.

"I can," Bree whispered. "I'm so proud of you."

Bree reached up to smooth down one of Harry's stray locks as he leaned forward to kiss her. They took no notice of the passersby in the parking lot as they deepened their kisses, celebrating the moment.

"Is your dad home?" Harry whispered with a hint of desperation.

Bree nodded. "I'm surprised he's not out fishing since it's not raining," Bree remarked. "Can we hang out at your house? We always hang out at mine."

"That's because my house is lame. And my mom is always there." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Do you really want to hang out at my house while my dad is there?" Bree asked.

"Good point. But I don't want to stay at my house too long. Total waste of a good Saturday." Harry said as he walked around to the passenger side of the truck.

As they drove towards the Styles home, Bree smiled to herself at the "couple" moment she and Harry had just shared. They had officially been "boyfriend and girlfriend" for only a short period of time, but they'd already experienced a milestone together. As Harry's hand rested softly on Bree's thigh, she silently hoped they would experience many more.

* * *

Tom exhaled in frustration as he sat at his dining room table with Connie. They were pretending to work on a big history project, but really, they were making preparations for their upcoming party. Actually, Connie was making preparations and Tom was trying to get her to scale back a bit.

"Connie, we're not serving dinner." Tom said for the fiftieth time. "There'll be barf all over the place if we do that. And I'm not buying imported beer. It's cheap beer or nothing."

"Tom, this is our first party. Don't you want it to be good?"

"As long as there is music and beer, it'll be good."

"Good music and good beer," Connie corrected.

"People just want a place to hang out. I'm not spending all this money so people can get their kicks. No one ever does that at the parties I go to." Tom complained. "I mean, I wouldn't care if it was just me, you, Harry, Bree-"

"Bree," Connie said as if she remembered something. "Tom, I don't think we can go on a double date with Bree and Harry."

"Why not?" Tom asked. He had been curious to see Harry and Bree together now that they seemed to be in a relationship. It was a side of Harry Tom had never gotten to see and he was dead set on getting as much ammunition as possible with which to tease Harry.

"Because Jocelyn is my best friend and if I start hanging out with Bree...I don't know...it'll just be weird. I mean, I know Jocelyn will feel betrayed and I don't want to do that to her." Connie explained.

"Okay, well Harry is my best friend, so just because Jocelyn has this stalker crush, we can never all hang out?"

"Aarrgg!" Connie buried her face in her hands in anguish. "Why can't Harry just like Jocelyn? My life would be so much better if he did."