Chapter 7 - Day Out

Two weeks after the U.A. entrance exams, Itsuki received her acceptance letter. Mirio and her father weren't home so Itsuki decided to treat herself. She grabbed her phone and sat on her bed, searching through her contacts. She created a group chat between her, Denki, and Kirishima.

Itsu: hey guys, it's Itsuki. Wanna hang out?

Pikachu: yea sure! But wdym by you guys

Sharky: it's a group chat

Pikachu: oooooh

Pikachu: who are you?

Sharky: my name is Kirishima Ejirou. You?

Pikachu: Kaminari Denki

Sharky: yea I'm up to hang out

Pikachu: same

Itsu: aight meet me at dagoba beach

Pikachu: k

Sharky: Oki

     Itsuki put her phone down and stood up, walking to her closet. She studied her clothes before grabbing a black t-shirt and baggy ripped jeans. She got dressed and quickly brushed out her hair before heading out. When she got to the door, she stopped and ran back, grabbing a bag and packing her wallet, phone, headphones, and bathing suit just in case. She threw on her red flannel and finally left, notifying her friends.

     The four-block walk went fast as Itsuki was in a hurry to see her friends. She put energy into the soles of her feet to push her to the beach faster. She got there in five minutes, seeing Kirishima sitting in the sand and staring at the ocean. "Hey," Itsuki said. Kirishima turned around and smiled when he saw her. He wore grey jeans and a white t-shirt, a white bandana in his hair. "Hey! I got here a bit early, but I don't see anyone else. What does Kaminari look like?"

     Itsuki dropped her bag and sat by the shark-toothed boy. She tapped her finger to her chin as she thought and said, "Hmm... he has yellow hair with a lightning bolt in it and he has yellow cat-eyes." Kirishima nodded and the pair looked behind them as they heard a "Hey!" Behind them. They saw the yellow-haired boy running towards them, tripping on the sand and landing on his face, Itsuki laughing and running to help him up.

   Denki rubbed his neck with a close eyed smile. "Hehe! Thanks, Itsuki!" The orange-haired girl nodded and the trio stood together. They all had bags of stuff with them so Kirishima asked, "You guys up to swim?" Denki and Itsuki nodded excitedly, the trio heading to the bathrooms on the other side of the beach. On the way back from changing, Itsuki received a message on her phone. She stopped and urged the boys to go ahead.

     Itsuki stood in her black and orange one-piece, pulling out her phone. Her father had texted her and apparently he had gotten home.

HappyDad: Itsu, where are you?

Itsu: I'm at the beach with a couple of friends, why?

HappyDad: ok, well, don't stay out for too long. There have been reports of villain attacks in our area and it's getting cold out. I know it's the afternoon and I sound like a nag, but please stay safe!!!

Itsu: we'll be alright, papa. We all have really strong quirks and we'll be home in two hours. Do you mind if they stay the night? They don't exactly live close by.

HappyDad: boys?

Itsu: Yee

HappyDad: I suppose, but only because Mirio will be home by then.

Itsu: okay papa, see you at home

HappyDad: ok hun

     Itsuki returned to Denki and Kirishima, asking, "Hey do you guys wanna stay the night? If you guys don't have spare clothes, I have a bunch of oversized guys clothes." Denki nodded and said, "Yeah, I already told my parents I was gonna stay out all night." Kirishima tilted his head. "Are your parents fine with it?"

     "Yep."

     "Ok then! I'll text my mom. She lets me do whatever I want, basically."

     "Alright then! But we can't stay out too long, my dad gets worried." The boys nodded in understanding.

     The trio climbed into the water and began messing around with their quirks; Denki throwing electric water at them (not understanding how dangerous that is), Kirishima waking huge waves, and Itsuki evaporating the water around her to move quicker. They ended up using sand to make a hot tub with Itsuki keeping the water warm.

     They sat chatting together until it started getting dark. Itsuki stood up, oblivious to the looks she got from the two boys before her. "Okay, guys. Let's go home. I can dry you guys off and since my house is so close we can just change there." The boys climbed out of the small pool and let Itsuki heat them up. The water dissipated and the teens walked to Itsuki's house.

     They arrived at the large home and Itsuki led the boys to her room.

     "Aight you guys I'll be right back

     "Aight you guys I'll be right back." She left to go see her father who, as always, was in the kitchen. "Hey dad, is Mirio home yet? I want him to meet my friends."

     "He should be here any minute, Itsu." When he said that, the front door opened. "Well speak of the devil!" Itsuki ran to hug Mirio who hugged her back. "Hey, little sis!"

     "Mirio I want you to meet my new friends! They're upstairs in my room!"

     "Ok!"

     Itsuki grabbed her brother by the hand and dragged him to her room. When they got there, Kirishima and Denki had found a deck of cards and were playing around with them. Kirishima waved and said, "Hey Itsuki! Is that your brother?" His eyes shined at meeting someone new, his teeth showing in his smile.

   "Yep! Kirishima, Denki, meet my brother, Mirio!"

     Mirio smiled and greeted the boys. "But Y'know," he said. "If you do anything to my little sister that she or I don't like, I will not hesitate to cause you some damage!" Denki and Kirishima nodded and saluted.

     "Wouldn't dream of it!"

     "Nah, we're cool!"

     Mirio smiled wider and nodded, crossing his arms. "I guess we're good then! Oh, did Itsuki tell you that I go to U.A.?" The boys' jaws dropped as they stared at the giggling siblings. Mirio turned to Itsuki and said, "You're doing well! You seemed to have moved on a bit from what happened." Itsuki nodded but her smile faded. Mirio didn't realize that even talking about what happened a month ago would hurt her enough to push him away.

     "Ok, Miri, let me and my friends hang out." Itsuki pushed him out of her room and closed the door, letting her brother flash a quick peace sign.

     "Mirio-San goes to U.A.? That's awesome! What grade is he in?"

     "He's in his second year, but if we all get in, he'll be in his third year by the time we start school. I don't think he wants me to tell you guys, but he's my brother and I have the right to share his information!" Itsuki laughed before continuing, "He's one of the Big Three!" Denki and Kirishima day dumbfounded once again, but soon they settled down and began their sleepover.

~~~~~

Words: 1195