|| Two ||

The sound of a blender and my parents talking in the kitchen wakes me up. Do they have to be so loud they woke me up half an hour before I had to get up. I fold my pillow up and cover my ears I close my eyes and try to fall back to sleep. I breath out in frustration when I can't.

Might as well get up there's no point in trying to sleep when everyone in my house is being so inconsiderate. Walking past my window I see how gloomy it looks outside. I love the cold weather everything about it is nice. Oversized sweatshirts, cuddling in bed, and hot chocolate that's what I love about the cold.

I find my favorite flannel, faded skinny jeans, and converse. Since we don't have a lot of money Elena and I like vintage shopping, LA has some pretty cool thrift stores. I actually love thrift shops the atmosphere is great plus the clothes are cute and don't forget very inexpensive. I throw my hair into a quick ponytail as I walk down the hall into the kitchen.

"Morning Smiley Riley!" My dad's chirpy voice rings through the air, he plants a soft kiss on my hair.

"Morning." I say trying to sound like I'm in a good mood.

My mom stands at the blender pouring herself a glass of fruit smoothie. Elena is sitting at the kitchen island eating a bowl of cereal. I look her way and she immediately focuses her attention on the bowl in front of her.

"How was your night girls?" My mom asks while taking a drink of her smoothie.

"Good, I was just really tired I did a lot yesterday." I say cooly.

Before my mother could answer we hear Elena choking on her goddamn Cheerios. We both turn to look at her and see she is laughing but no sound is coming out. I swear if she chokes and dies I'm going to kill her.

"What I did do a lot yesterday" I say sternly at her which makes her laugh more.

Then it hits me she's laughing cause of what me and Troy were doing, my cheeks instantly heat up. I give her a death glare and that shuts her up.

"Honey stop laughing while you're eating! Do you want to die eating Cheerios?" Our mom says shaking her head as she grabs her purse.

"If I could be so lucky." Elena mutters under her breath, she stirs her cereal around just staring at it.

"Yea it's better than what I'm going to do to you." I say as I walk past her to get my bag.

"Riley don't threaten your sister like that. Apologize." My dad pokes his head out from the fridge.

"Ugh fine, I'm sorry." My voice is monotone as I apologize.

"Thank you." He says going back behind the fridge door.

"I forgive you." Elena says sweetly getting up from her spot to put her bowl on the sink.

She walks by me and smirks, "You're so dead." I mouth at her.

"What was that Riley?" She shouts making my dad reappear.

"Nothing." I give up with trying to get revenge on her...for now.

I grab my bag off the table where I left it last night. I need some fresh air this house is driving me crazy.

"Okay I'm leaving! Bye love you!" I yelled walking out the door.

I walk my bike to the sidewalk and hop on. I'm going to miss this bike when I get my car, I won't miss it when it rains that's for sure.

The shop comes into my view and I speed up. I stop right in front and dig in my bag for the key. I flip the "We're closed sign" over and put my bike behind the front desk. It's barely 8 o'clock this is going to be a long day. I start doing the daily routine basically rearranging the CDs and records going to the storage room to get stuff to put up front.