Fall Of The Mengs: Chapter 44

Start from the beginning

"Mn. I am checking."

Zhan ended the call while a smile formed on his face. Yibo frowned on seeing the sudden smile on his boyfriend's face.

"Why are you smiling?" Yibo arched his brows. "Why the news is about Mengs?! What did they do this time?"

"Check it yourself," Zhan said as he leaned his back, resting on the couch and closed his eyes.

Yibo shook his head and turned on the TV. Yibo's eyes almost popped out seeing the headlines.

'THE MENG GROUPS HAS COLLAPSED!'

"Zhan! What is this!?" Yibo traced Zhan while his eyes were stuck to the TV screen. "The Meng groups..."

"They got what they deserved." A smirk appeared in his face. "They dared to lay their dirty eyes on you and expected nothing in return!? Impossible!" Zhan growled.

"Zhan!" Yibo looked at Zhan while shock was written all over his face. "Y-you did this f-for me?"

"Of course!" Zhan's gaze grew darker. "I protect what is mine. I also got the news that they were planning to torture you." Zhan's blood boiled on remembering the news. "How. Did. They. Think. That. I. Will. Let. Them. Go easily!?" Zhan gritted his teeth while he smacked the table in front of them.

"Zhan, calm down." Yibo hugged Zhan tightly.

"Yibo..."

"Shhh...calm down. Everything is alright." Yibo tightened his grip even more while his hand glided through Zhan's soft hair, messaging the scalp.

Zhan felt an unknown warmth and calmness engulfing him through the hug. After a few seconds, Zhan closed his eyes, nuzzling into Yibo's neck while his arms got wrapped around Yibo.

Yibo smiled as he felt the other relaxed in his arms. He gently broke the hug and looked into Zhan's eyes. "ZhanZhan, you know, whatever you do, I cannot help but fall deeply in love with you." Yibo smiled and softly implanted a soft kiss on Zhan's forehead. "Thank you ZhanZhan." Yibo smiled.

Zhan smiled. "Don't you want to check the news how the Meng groups got collapsed?" Zhan took out his phone and gave it to Yibo.

"Huh!?" Yibo's jaws slacked on reading the news. "All the companies took back their shares and boycotted against the Meng! How?"

A triumphant smirk crept over Zhan's face. He looked at Yibo. "Yibo, watch the news. I am coming in a few minutes." Saying so Zhan went to his room while Yibo watched the news. On reaching his room, Zhan closed the door. A big smile appeared on his face as he remembered something.

*flashback*

Zhan left Yibo in the morning after breakfast and left to meet the Japanese company investors before Meng Yao. They reached the hotel where the investors of the Japanese company were resting.

"Sorry for the trouble but we had to come this way. It's really urgent." Yu Bin said bowing to the CEO of the Japanese company.

"It's okay. Can you please tell us what brought you here? I have a business meeting at 10 am." The CEO of the Japanese company said politely.

"That's why we came here," Zhan said maintaining his composure. "Please don't sign any contract with the Meng Groups."

"Mr. Sean, that deal is a very big deal for us. It's highly profitable. Why won't I sign it?!" The CEO asked, sitting on the couch while Zhan and Yu Bin were sitting on the other couch.

"Mr. CEO, actually the Meng Groups aren't the same as they seem to be." Yu Bin said in a low voice and gave a pen drive to the CEO of the Japanese Company. "Please put this pen drive to the laptop and you will find why we are forbidding you to sign the deal."