No One Hurts This Pretty Girl

"I think he likes me."
No one would ever use the word 'cute' to describe Lucifer. But in that moment, as he sits on my—our bed with Salem curled up on his lap.
It's the only word the comes to mind.

"It would seem so." I walk over and sit on the edge of the bed beside him.
Salem crawls over to my lap and I stroke his fur. "It's okay to be in your goblin form here. You don't have to be a cat all the time."

He jumps off my lap and immediately starts shifting into a large, dark, shadowy—catlike creature.

"So he can protect you?"
I was a little scared about bringing him since familiars are a witch thing, not a Hell thing. But father insists on me taking a 'bodyguard' with me when roaming around Hell so I thought of Salem.

I really missed him and since Salem was technically my bodyguard already, I brought him back with me.
"Salem's really strong in goblin form, he's also very loyal and smart."

To prove he was 'worthy' enough my father set up a test. And though Salem's oblivious, I'm fully aware there's no real danger.

Embarrassingly It still catches me off guard when it happens.

As I walk through the forest of torment something grabs me and shoves me down.
"Sabrina!"
By the short time it takes me to stand up Salem already has whatever demon my father sent clawed into pieces.

I turn just in time to see four more demons walking towards us.
"Uh, Salem!"
It's not long before he has them all slaughtered.
"Are you okay Sabrina?"
I kneel down and gently pet him. Even in goblin form he likes to be treated like a cat.
"I'm fine, and I think it's safe to say you passed."
"Passed what?"
Hopefully he doesn't take it the wrong way.
"My father...he wanted to make sure you were strong enough to protect me."
"I will always protect you."
When he turns back to his cat form I pick him up and hug him against me.
"And I'll always protect you."

The rest of the walk back is thankfully uneventful.
"So?"
"I trust he can and will do his job."

-

As I step through the academy doors and attempt to make my way upstairs I get sidetracked.
"Lovely to see you again 'Brina."
It's said exactly the same way at exactly the same time. 
"Hi Prudence, Agatha," And lastly "Dorcas."

"Uh, hey Sabrina. What're you doing here?"
I try not to roll my eyes when I hear his voice, Prudence must notice because she quietly laughs.

I barely made it to the second step and although I don't mind talking to the weird sisters, I so don't have time for Nick.

I plaster on a fake smile and turn around. "I'm just here to visit my aunt Zelda."

"Oh, well.. how have you been? How's your stone friend doing?"

"I'm great, made of 'clay' not stone, and dead since I killed him."
He looks shocked but shrugs it off.
"Well he kinda seemed like a dick."
"Takes one to know one Nicky."
"Shut up Prudence."

Whatever response I had dies when I hear Prudence's laugh; I don't think I've ever heard it be more real or genuine.
It makes me smile.
"Oh Nicky, you don't stand a chance in hell anymore. Don't you get it?"

Looking at him right now, I'm confused about why I was ever with him.
"I was simply asking our friend how she's doing. You know, ruling Hell, with him..."
All three chime in this time: Dorcas, Agatha, lastly Prudence.
"Oh you poor thing."
"You really don't get it."
"She's a lot closer to her father then most are."

I would leave but It's like watching a train wreck happen in slow motion.
I need to see how it plays out.
"Wha- you mean like... you let him..?"
"Yes. And there's no need to worry."
A flurry of emotions run across his face and I almost feel bad for him.
"So do you call him DarkLord or Lucifer?"

I continue looking at Nick as I answer Dorcas's question.
"If you must know, he prefers it when I call him daddy."
With that I turn and finally continue up the stairs.
"Oh don't pout Nicky."
"With every chance given you just broke her heart."
"Praise Satan she's finally free of you."

I can faintly hear the sisters laughing when I make it to the top of the stairs.

I smile when I see Zelda setting at the desk that once was Father Blackwoods.
"Looks like the coven is doing good."
As she rushes over to hug me I can't help but to think, out of everyone aunt Zelda probably misses me the most. 
"Sabrina! I thought you said visits were on the weekend?"

"Had work to do so I thought I'd stop by and see you real quick."