Honesty

Tissaia's eyes widened in shock.

Shit

Outside of her now torn down door, the once empty hallway was filled with people. Tissaia couldn't tell exactly how many, there had to be at least thirty, maybe more. Most of them had weapons, she saw knives, torches and even some swords. The realization hit Tissaia hard, she could feel her breath getting shallow, she felt dizzy.

This can't be happening, there must be some sort of a mistake, a misunderstanding perhaps? Tissaia's head hurt, it just couldn't be... This was a lynching.

In the other room, Yennefer woke up, startled by a loud noise coming from somewhere in the tavern. What the fuck? What idiot decided it would be a good idea to use his head as an instrument? She was just about to yell some rather creative shit talk, considering that was all she was good for at the moment; however, she was interrupted by a noise coming from within her room.

A portal appeared, Tissaia quickly stepped out of it, moving towards Yennefer. "Can you stand?" she asked.

"Tissaia! What the fuck? Are you so lazy that you can't even walk the five meters from your room to mine?"

"Not now, Yennefer. Can you stand?" she repeated, sounding desperate.

"Yes, of course," she replied, recognizing the tone of her voice. She stood up, shaky legs slowly moving her forward. She wasn't the least bit surprised when Tissaia grabbed a hold of her. She was grateful, embarrassed and a little confused. What was happening?

"We don't have much time, we have to go." Tissaia continued to hold Yennefer steady while conjuring up a new portal. She was aware that teleporting would be less than comfortable for her, but they had no choice. The people who tore down Tissaia's door couldn't be there just for her? If she had to guess, Yennefer was in danger too, maybe more so. There was no way that the locals arranged a lynching in the short time Tissaia had been there. She was grateful they had found her instead, Yennefer wouldn't have been able to defend herself, the thought scared Tissaia. What would have happened if she wasn't there? The result would probably have been devastating.

They stepped into the portal, she felt the younger woman's hands around her waist, holding on as they teleported away. They landed hard, much harder than Tissaia intended. Yennefer fell forward before vomiting. Tissaia quickly grabbed her hair, stroking her back while Yennefer continued to empty her gut. A little while later, the younger woman pushed Tissaia's hands away, clearly embarrassed about the entire ordeal. Tissaia sighed, one step forward, two steps back. She looked over at Yennefer, who seemed lost in her thoughts.

What are you thinking about, dear piglet? she wondered; still, she didn't pry. There was nothing Yennefer hated more than feeling like an open book, her mind was sacred to her. Tissaia respected that, at least most of the time. There had been instances where she was forced to look, only because Yennefer was being reckless, she was impossibly stubborn sometimes, most times. Lately; however, she hadn't needed to look at all, Yennefer shared her thoughts with her, most of the time unaware she was even doing so, at least that's what she claimed.

Tissaia wasn't entirely sure she believed her, but the incident at the tavern made her question it. Yennefer had gotten angry, there was no doubt in her mind that she hadn't meant to share anything, she firmly believed Tissaia had taken the information herself, she hadn't. Truth is, had she chosen to force her way into her mind, she wouldn't lie, she's not afraid to be blunt, to be brutally honest. Yennefer didn't scare her, not like that at least.

"What the hell, Tissaia?" Yennefer finally said, punctuating every word, before wiping the side of her mouth. She slowly turned to face her, her eyes were bloodshot due to the vomiting, she could use a bath, she looked like shit; smelled even worse.