Chapter 1

Draco hated hugs. Pansy knew not to cross his boundaries, unless he had allowed her. She asked for his permission every time they were going to come into contact.

Consent wasn't needed to give him something, or to tap him on the back, but Draco was sensitive about his shoulders and head. Especially his hair. It wasn't because he was vain and didn't want people to ruin his hair; it was because of the years his father had spent tugging and pulling at his hair, especially when he was younger and had hair that went past his shoulders, similar to his father's.

His hair had been so long because he'd looked up to his father so much, but the respect was lost when his father had started abusing Narcissa- and Draco himself. That was why he cut his hair, causing a lot of beatings from Lucius.

It was prominent that Draco was uncomfortable with touch: Pansy was clearly avoiding not touching Draco and Draco himself would wince when people accidently nudged into him.

Harry tried to avoid touching Draco, but if was difficult when he was feeling sad or emotional, and needed Draco. Especially since he was so used to cuddling Ron and Hermione to calm down. He'd tried to snuggle with them recently but they'd both shrugged him off and told him to cuddle Draco instead.

It was one of these times that Harry desperately needed Draco. The blonde had been relaxing on the Gryffindor armchair, half asleep. Harry had sat in the armchair with him.

Draco had shifted uncomfortably, recoiling at Harry's gentle touch. "Harry..." Draco groaned, trying to move his arms from under Harry. But Harry was busy curling up, gently placing his head on Draco's shoulder.

Draco put his hand around Harry's shoulder, and Harry snuggled into the Slytherin's warm chest. "Dra... I love you," Harry said softly, and, realising Draco's recoiling, he continued "and tell me if you're uncomfortable." He stopped talking, too tired to finish his sentence, but, just as he drifted away from conscience, he heard Draco quietly reply, "It's okay Harry. Just sleep." And they both slept on that armchair that night, content within each other's arms.