One: The confusing part of me

~*-Rika-*~

 I walked towards the school. It was January, first day of school. I don't know what or who exactly I'm waiting for, but that's just me. I have this sort of 6th sense that could make me feel things other people don't. I have no friends, only people to talk to. I'm the sort of person whom people turn to when they need help. I'm 13, turning 14 on February 5. I walked around, trying to sense who it is I need. It's sort of confusing to understand, but I'll try to make you understand.

Hundreds of students walked past me, but none of them can see me. They rushed past me, too busy trying to find the location of their classroom. I sat down on a bench, and took out my doodling notebook. This is what I do everytime I'm bored. I either draw or write. This time, I decided to write. The problem was, I didn't know what to write. I thought about writing a poem, but then I realised I have no one to dedicate that poem to. All my friends leave me after 4 months. Then, I realised, as I stared at a couple across the other bench looking into each other's eyes lovingly, I realised that... I've never loved before. Sure, I can say that I love my friends... but, I've never loved a guy in that way. My heart sank as I saw them hold hands. I decided what to write about. I wrote: 

I promise. If I ever fell in love, I'd hold on to him and never let go..I'd love him for who he is, not because he's cute, or anything else. I'd stare into his eyes until he melts. And if he fell in love with me, I'll catch him. I'd fight for him... I promise.

It was a lame promise, but at least I meant it. I sighed. I'm getting kind of bored... I stood up, but as I did, I heard a sob.... It was from a distance. I followed where the sob came from. I ended up in the garden of the school. There was a secret tunnel at the corner of the garden which only few knew about. Before, it was a place to put all the garden tools and some pots but now, it's emptied and no one usually goes in there anymore. But now, there was a guy curled up in the darkest corner of the tunnel. I took a step forward.He looked up. I smiled. I guess I found the person I've been looking for.

"Hey, watcha crying for?" I asked.

"Go away." He said, his voice as cold as the walls of the tunnel.I couldn't see his face, but I could somehow feel that he's shaking, not because it's cold, but because his emotions are too wild to control.

"Why should I? This tunnel ain't yours," I said coolly.

"I said. Go. Away. If you don't want to get hurt," he looked in my direction. The moment our eyes locked, I felt a shiver in my spine. Well. I guess this is a hard one. I sighed, then looked up, just above his head.I smiled.

"Did you know... that there's a hundred of bats above your head? Try to shout and they'll have a rampage," I said quietly.

His body froze, but he didn't dare to look up. "Fine then. Don't believe me.  I'll just stay here outside and wait till you get out."I said.

"Go ahead. You'll never make me get out of my sanctuary," He said challengingly.

"This is your sanctuary?" I asked and looked around. "Wait. You call this a sanctuary?!"

"Yeah. And you better shut up if you don't want to end up in a cemetery,"he said.

I shrugged, "Whatever you say, comrade. At least I get to make you talk" He grunted. I stifled a giggle. And for the rest of the day, I waited outside the tunnel for him to get out, and he stayed there in that curled up position. We waited for the other to give up, but neither of us did. And so I waited.... and waited. Yet, as I wait, I didn't feel bored, not like just now. Hours passed. Yet the whole time, I just smiled. I teased him playfully but he never laughed at any of my jokes. Such a killjoy. But, I still smiled. Because after 8 years of waiting, someone could actually see me, notice me. After 8 years of waiting, I finally had someone to call a friend. :)

Author's note: I know Rika sounds a bit confusing. But you'll get to know her better in some other chapters. :) Hope you guyz liked  it! Please comment <3 ~Anan