It was why he was never able to muster up the courage to go up to them and apologize for everything. After Mishti, they were the ones who deserved his apology the most. He should be on his knees in front of them, begging and pleading for a second chance to make things right... But he didn't even have the strength to face them.

He was ashamed of his actions, but he was also so, so, so scared. He was scared to look into the eyes that had once looked at him with nothing but love and trust, and find in them hatred and anger. He'd lived with his parents treating him loathesomely already. He wouldn't be able to handle it if Badi Maa and Bade Papa did that to him too, even though he deserved their ire far more than he ever deserved to be a pawn in his parents' nefarious schemes.

But, he knew that as much as he was scared, he needed to have a talk with them, to apologize, and ask for a second chance, if they could find it in themselves give him one. And, he had to, for Mishti. He'd already given that girl enough tears to last a lifetime. There was no way she was crying even one, especially because of him, and his cowardice. He'd fallen weak once, and he'd disappointed her so badly, but he would never do it again, ever, no matter what the cost.

With that resolve in mind, he decided he'd go talk to Badi Maa and Bade Papa in a few hours. Perhaps, this anniversary, they'd give him a present by giving him another chance. With shaking hands, he opened his old phone and texted Badi Maa, asking if he could come see her.

Badi Maa's phone beeped once again and she sighed, thinking it was another message wishing her a happy anniversary. Annoyed, she opened her messages, wanting to send a quick thank you and being done with it, but was surprised to see Abir's name flash on her phone. Abir had never tried to make contact after the break up almost 2 months ago, so she was surprised that he was texting her now. She assumed that it was just out of common courtesy, a message to wish his sister - in - law's grandmother, yet she was happy that he'd initiated conversation again. Maybe, in time, she'd be able to get to the bottom of the entire break up business. She quickly opened the chat, and was even more surprised to see that Abir was requesting to meet her and Bade Papa.

"Shaurya ke bauji!" She immediately called out, seeking her husband.

"Kya hua, Shaurya ki Maa?" He asked her, walking into the living room.

"Mujhe aapse kuch zaroori baat karni hai," she told him. "Chaliye."

Saying so, she pulled him into their room and shut the door, locking it. It was absolutely imperative for her that they not be disturbed for the duration of this conversation.

"Shaurya ki Maa... yeh aap kya kar rahi hain? Kya baat hai?" Bade Papa questioned, worried.

Wordlessly, she handed him her phone. He read the text and looked at her in surprise. "Yeh kya hai?" He asked.

"Abir humse milna chahta hai," she told him. "Usse kuch baat karni hai."

"Lekin hum ab koi baat nahi karna chahte. Jo kuch bhi baatein thi, do mahine pehle ho chuki hain," Bade Papa replied.

"Shaurya ke Bauji... ho sakta hai... ho sakta hai ki woh maafi maangna chaahta ho? Ho sakta hai usse apni galti ka ehsaas ho. Ek baar toh hum usse baat kar sakte haina?" She asked him.

"Ab inn sab cheezon ke liye bohot dair (late) ho chuki hai, Shaurya ki Maa. Hum ab Abir ko kabhi maaf nahi kar paayenge. Usne humaari beti ka dil toda hai. Itne vaade karke... ek bhi nahi nibha paaya. Uski wajah se Mishti ko bohot dukh hua hai. Aise insaan ki hum shakal bhi dekhna nahi chahte," Bade Papa answered.

"Kya aapko sach mein lagta hai ki Abir aisa kuch kar sakta hai?" Badi Maa questioned.

And there in, lay the crux of the situation. As much as he wanted to hate Abir, Bade Papa couldn't... because he himself didn't believe that Abir would ever do something to hurt Mishti off his own volition. The same boy who'd come to their house, confident and straightforward, the one who'd told him that Mishti would never have to fear him leaving, the one who stood up for Mishti time and again, who was ready to leave his family for her... That boy wouldn't hurt Mishti. Not without reason. He knew that. He understood that. And yet, he couldn't seem to find it in himself to forgive Abir for what he'd done. Not yet anyway. Looking at Abir's face would only remind him of Mishti's screams from the day she'd gone to London... Her sobs, her cries, her pleas. They all haunted all of his worst nightmares. They were sounds he'd not heard for years. He never wanted to hear them again. Abir had done that. How was he supposed to forgive it?