Øne

"Look, Luc." Daniel, my boyfriend of three years, stood in front of me. He was nervous, his green eyes were looking everywhere but me. His right hand was scratching the back of his head and his left foot was tapping against the cracked sidewalk, an uneasy feeling crept its way up from the pit of my stomach. "I'm just going to come out and say it, I'm breaking up with you." There was a sharp pain in my chest, I held my hands close to my body.

"Why?" My voice trembled.

"I'm seeing someone else. Have been for a year now, we are going to get married." He gave me a crooked smile, I was on the verge of tears and here he was happy about it.

"With who?" I asked him and he sighed.

"Does it even matter?" I didn't understand how cruel he could be. My head was spinning.

"With who?" I shouted as I gripped to the front of his shirt.

"Geez, I'll tell you." My hands gripped the front of his shirt, twisting the cloth tightly. "Your sister." It all makes sense. My head swarmed. All those times he would come over, and I would see them so close. It all makes sense now. I even saw her start wearing a diamond ring.

"You bastard!" I cried out and pushed him away.

"Lucy!" Daniel shouted after me, I even heard him say crazy bitch, but I ignored him. I sprinted outside the house, towards the garden. Tears began to fall, nearly blinding me. I stumbled before I making it to the shrub line.

"Cassandra!" I shouted, by the roses, I saw my half sister weeding between the rows of bushes.

"Jesus, Luc, what happened to you?" She stood up, wiping her hands on the front of her apron.

"How could you?" I shouted, balling my hands in fist.

"Simple." She knew instantly what I was talking about, she glared down at me. "My father thought Daniel was a better match for me, Daniel, too. Besides the furthest you would let him go is a kiss. A man has needs Lucy!"

"No!" I shook my head and tears began to fall.

"You didn't deserve him, why he even went out with you is astronomical-"

"That's enough, Cassandra." A warm hand rested on my shoulder. "Have compassion for your sister, this is her first breakup." Our father, Mr. Martinez looked down at me sympathetically. "Lucy, go inside and clean yourself up. We will be having guest soon. You too, Cassandra. Put the dresses on that I bought you yesterday."

"Yes, sir." I mumbled, wiping away the tears as I walked towards the house. As I was walking in the corner of my eye I could see Cassandra running to Daniel, kissing him on the lips. Rubbing in their engagement in my face.