Chapter Eleven

For the next few days the three of them had spent there time in the home. Not wanting to head back to the palace. Or be found for that matter.

Although by the time four days had pasted by they showed their skin to the world. Heading into the village. Wanting to see what had become of the people they had run away from.

They did not let a single soul know is was them. Without the fancy dresses, overcoats and jewels, they looked like a peasant. Gavin in ragged clothes, Luna in her old dress, long hair braided down her back. They looked nothing like they should have. Nothing of royalty.

So they headed out. Watching the people from a far. Most of them whispered. None of them knew of what. Although, as they assumed it was about them. In which it was.

"Have you heard? They ran. Both of them. The Council is rethinking the match." One lady washing her laundry had said. Eyes full of terror at the sudden thought.

"Heard those to kids ran after that ball. Probably died. Council has to find a new match now." An older man stated. Luna recognized him as the man at the ball she ran from.

Most of what people said revolved around them leaving. The Council having to find a new match.

"This is absurd! We are alive! Just in the village." Luna pouted as they walked along.
For this all made her upset. Yes she wanted to leave the palace, but she did not want the people to think she had left them. Leaving them in the dust. To await a new future queen.

"Luna you're the one who left." Collin chuckled out. "No need to worry. They'll know you're alive and well soon enough."

"No they won't." Was Luna had replied. Quickly walking off. Further down the path.

"Why?!" Gavin interjected into the conversation.

"Because. Maybe I like people thinking I left!" For which she did. She didn't have her duties at the palace. No longer had to marry a man she vaguely knew. Here she was free. If people thought she had left, or died, they'd never know she left to the village. Just to defy the 'Great' Council.

Her mind drifted and she slowed her pace, knowing she was far from the boys.

"The Council is so stupid," She whispered to herself, twirling hair around her finger like she did when she was nervous or frustrated. "They pick incompatible people."

This she knew as fact. When she was young the king had killed the queen for the fact he hated her so much. Other times the whole kingdom fell in an uproar. The king and queen could never make a compromise.

Yet this time she knew what was going to happen. They had picked the wrong, but at the same time, the perfect people to execute the job. Gavin and her would send the kingdom in an uproar. Bigger then any other. One so big the both would change everything. History and all.

That or, she might as well be dead.