Mo Dao Zu Shi (M)

Alternative name : Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation, The Founder of Diabolism

Genres : Action, Adventure, Comedy, Mystery, Supernatural, Xianxia, WuxiaWorld, BL, Happy ending.

Novel status : Finished, 126 chapters (113+13 extras)

Also has been adapted to drama, Untamed.

Summary :

As the grandmaster who founded the Demonic Sect, Wei WuXian roamed the world in his wanton ways, hated by millions for the chaos he created. In the end, he was back stabbed by his dearest shidi and killed by powerful clans that combined to overpower him. He incarnates into the body of a lunatic who was abandoned by his clan and is later, unwillingly, taken away by a famous cultivator among the clans—Lan WangJi, his archenemy. This marks the start of a thrilling yet hilarious journey of attacking monsters, solving mysteries, and raising children. From the mutual flirtation along the way, Wei WuXian slowly realizes that Lan WangJi, a seemingly haughty and indifferent poker-face, holds more feelings for Wei WuXian than he is letting on.

My thoughts on this novel :

(It is well translated by Exiled rebels scanlations. And you can find this novel anywhere to read for free.)

It jumps from the present to the past and back again, so that the readers know what happened in the past with our MC. So be prepared for the long flashbacks, which are an important part of the story development.

The ML is silent and poker faced but he is deep when it comes to protecting the MC and looking after him.

Both MC and the ML have a balanced relationship and have great chemistry. You won't feel like you are reading a novel, but rather you will find yourself rooting for the MC and at times ML and wanting more of them.

There is development of character and other side characters are also important. The whole creation of this world is shown in depth so you will have to read the politics, the side stories, the other relationships, etc. But in the end everything is worth it.

Final input : The best BL novel out there.

Be prepared for : Side character death and flashbacks.