Guardian

Genres : Action, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Romance, Shounen Ai, Supernatural

Chapters : Not yet fully translated but there are 100+ chapters currently translated

Also has been taken up into Chinese Drama, the drama is great.

Summary :

The Special Investigations Unit is a covert organisation that no-one in the city knows about, dedicated to investigating bizarre occurrences beyond the comprehension of the living. The Chief Zhao Yunlan isn't a simple guy either, being the inheritor of the Guardian Order, he has always been a righteous conformist, excelling between realms of the living and the dead. While investigating a school suicide case, Zhao is attracted to the calm and reserved Professor Shen Wei, but the Professor seems to be rather fickle towards him...

My thoughts on this novel :

The entire novel is based on mystery behind the origin of our protagonist and also the ML. Both MC and ML have a history and they are very much attracted to each other since their first meet.

The ML is very sweet and devoted and the MC is a strong lead character who listens to no one but ML as he considers him his best friend initially.

The whole novel is worth it, with mystery cases getting solved, the BG development, the side characters... you would be hooked even if you aren't into investigation type drama.

The novel is very interesting and would have you hooked.

And the ML is shown so mystery, it is definitely wow.

Be prepared for : 

Side stories and development, high fantasy elements, time travel