Two

: 2 hours later :

"Have you guys seen Max?" Gwen asked. Nikki looked at her. "Why?" Gwen rolled her eyes sighing. "Because it's been two hours and you two are just sitting  there lookin' pretty. It's suspicious." Neil and Nikki glanced at each other. "Well, Something did  happen.." Neil muttered. "Really? What?" Nikki bit her lip. "Um. Neil explained. But. Um. Max seemed fine until he mentioned Max's parents. Then Max started yelling at Space Kid and Dolph. And..he started crying." Gwen cringed. "Oh." Neil nodded. "It's just so unlike him, right, Nikki?" She nodded too. "Kids, Max...he has been touchy at the mention of his parents since Parents Day." Neil blinked. "Is he homesick?" Gwen shook her head. "Since no one will ask this, but what happened on Parents Day?" Gwen looked away. "I don't think Max would want me to tell you. If you don't mind, I'll be finding him."

---

Gwen opens his tent. Max was laying down hugging Mr. Honeynuts, back facing her. "What the fuck do you want, Gwen. Go way. You shouldn't be here anyway." He vituperated at her. Gwen rolled her eyes. She sat at the end of his cot. "What's wrong?" Max glared at her. "None of you business." Gwen looked at her lap. "Was it your parents." Max is quiet for a moment. "Yes." He said quietly. "Why are you getting upset? You usually just brush it off." Max sat up hugging his bear tighter. "That was before Parents Day." Max pats his bear. "Now, I know for sure they don't care." He throws the bear on the ground. "I mean. They don't care about me. They just care about themselves." Gwen picked it up. She held it for a few seconds. "You know. My mom left my dad. I was so mad at her. I sure your parents care. They probably were busy. If they don't...care...I will. David already adores you. You have a ton of people who care." She gives him his bear. "If your parents, you know, are being dicks, they can go fuck themselves." Gwen looked away. "You're okay, Max. You'll be okay." Max stared at her. "Thanks, Gwen..." He quickly hugs her and told her to get out.