⋆Twenty-Seven⋆

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" Finn yells out, causing his friend to chuckle. Finn punches Caleb in the side playfully, causing him to throw his hands up in surrender.

"Okay, Okay Im sorry, too far" Caleb laughs.

"Thank you" Finn replies, looking back down into the clear water.

The silence between them grows, a thoughtful atmosphere unveiling around them.

" I can tell you care a lot about her Finn" Caleb start, breaking the silence.

Caleb eyes Finn as his eyes stay glued to the water beneath them.

"And that should be okay for you to admit."

Finn listens to his friend, breathing in deeply before nodding tardily. "I do, I really do. "

Finn looks up at his grinning friend causing him to dart his eyes away, pressing his lips to hold back a tempting grin.

"My boy is blushing" Caleb chuckles, nudging Finn gently.

Finn can't fight back, because he knows its right. The heat rising in his cheeks is nothing but the truth. He cares for this girl. A lot. In a way that makes his stomach flip just by hearing her name. He can't control the way he feels for her, even less the way it shows. 

"you don't have to tell me anything" Caleb continues. "I'm just glad to see you so happy."

Finn looks up and smiles at his friend. "Thanks, dude."

Caleb nods, eyeing Finn as if searching for answers, causing Finn to shake his head, and using his hand to imitate him locking his lips, throwing the imaginary key behind them.

My lips are sealed.

-

"She can be nice when she's alone with you."

Millie and Iris walk next to each other, heading to Camp house where the non-aquatic activities can be found. Lilia and Gaten walk hand in hand in front of them.

They had just come upon the topic of Maddie and Millie wondered if she was always as malicious as everyone sees her.

"It's just that when she's around other people, I feel like she lives this extravagant character, carrying only that people are intimidated by her"

Millie nods.

"Thank you guys for letting me hang out will you guys" Iris smiles, her hazel eyes lighting up in the early afternoon sun. "I've had so much fun"

Millie smiles back. "Of course, I love hanging out with you."

And it's true. Millie finds Iris to be such an exciting and variant individual. She had never really noticed her, only having seen her as Maddie's sidekick. Nevertheless, now that she is away from Maddie, she stands alone and strong, as her own person.

A smile elicits on Iris' face as she pulls Millie in for a quick hug. Though she has only known Millie and her friends for a few days, she feels more excepted and valued than ever before.

Iris' eyes dart over to Lilia and Gaten who are giggling together, running ahead to the now visible camp house. She chuckles. "They look pretty cute together."

"Yeah. They do" Millie agrees; she hadn't expected two people who are complete opposites to be so attracted to another. However, they do say opposites attract.

"I want something like that" Iris moans laughingly.

Millie laughs, looking down at the ground. "Yeah"

I kind of do.

"You and Finn seem close though" Iris hums cheekily.

Millie's eyes dart open as she starts to shake her head profusely. " Oh no, no, we are just friends."

"Good friends."

Iris laughs at Millie's sudden nervousness. "Okay"

That was close.

"Good"

Wait ...What?!

Millie takes another look at the shy smiling blond. Iris looks up at Millie breathing in shakily. "I think I may like him."

Oh, no.

No.no.no.

"Really?" Millie speaks slowly, not knowing what else to say at this moment of complete disbelief.

Iris shrugs. "I know I don't know him too well, but he seems so sweet."

Millie exhales deeply. "Yeah, he is."

"I want to give it a go, you know?" Iris says confidently looking at her friend for approval, only to see utter confusion in her eyes.

"...not really."

"I want to ask him out" Iris states simply, causing Millie's stomach to drop.

"I-I don't know he's not the type to "date" girls" Millie scrambles quickly.

Iris shrugs. " I know but... maybe this could be different." She smiles down at the ground, not seeing Millie's jaw drop.

Shit.

"Yeah, maybe your right."

Iris jumps with excitement, pulling Millie towards the entrance of the camp house. Millie runs with her numbly.

What had she just done? Was it wrong for her to allow her friends hopes to become so high, knowing how she feels for the particular boy? 

Knowing, that she wants to be his and for him to be hers.

...

{a/n}

Heyyyy!

How yall feeling?!

Oop... Is Iris a potential roadblock for Fillie ?¿

We will have to wait and see... ;)

If you enjoyed, make sure you follow me to ensure you don't miss out on any new updates or important announcements.

Theories for the next chapter?

Have a great day and see ya in the next one ;)

xxx

- m