"You love him?! What future do you have for him?! Is he to spend the rest of his life working while you struggle to follow your dreams as some low rate rockstar with zero talent?!"

"Fuckin' fight me, you old bitch!"

Shouto heaves a suffering groan and curses under his breath, throwing the covers off of himself and jumping out of bed to make a run for the door---Katsuki hot on his heels. They haven't even bothered to put their underwear on, worried that Kaminari may very well have written his own death wish. As strong as the usually bubbly blonde is, there's no way he can take Enji---a man three times his size---without a weapon.

God forbid he has a weapon.

Shouto swings the door open just as Denki shoves Enji away from it, stepping in between to them in hopes that it would keep them from swinging at each other.

"Hey---hey, would you two fucking stop?!" He yells as Enji tries to shove him out of the way. Katsuki wedges himself between them and shoulders Enji away from Shouto with a glare before he jabs a painted nail into his chest.

"Hey! Watch it, bastard!"

And the older man's mouth curls into a snarl but he doesn't try to shove him again. Shouto is finally able to reign in Denki with hushed words and harsh whispers.

"Denki---"

"I fucking told you what would happen if he kept trying me---"

"I know---I do, but baby---"

"I'm not fucking around Shouto!"

"Okay---okay, I hear you. Please, please just calm down? For me?"

Kaminari makes the mistake of meeting Shouto's direct gaze, looking away with a sigh a not even a moment after.

"Fine. Fine. God, you fuckin' know I can't say no to you when you look at me like that."

Shouto's lips curl into a giddy smile, his nose pressed against Denki's as he coaxes him to look him in the eyes again.

"My hero. I love you so much~"

Denki finally smiles, catching Shouto's lips in kiss.

"There's nothin' I wouldn't do for you, baby."

Enji growls in the back of his throat and the couple turns to glare at him.

"Why are you still here?"

"I am not leaving without even so much as even having a word with my son."

Denki scoffs at him. "Well you better get to talkin' cause I'm not leaving you alone with him."

"What?"

"You think I forgot about you puttin' your fuckin' hands on him? You can't be trusted."

And instead of saying anything at all Enji just narrows his eyes at them and turns on his heels to stomp away. Shouto finally relaxes as a car door slams and his father angrily drives off, tension leaving his shoulders.

"You okay?" Katsuki asks him as he notices that his friend looks a bit weak in the knees and fatigued. Shouto offers him a shaky nod. "Y-Yeah. It just---it takes a lot out of me when he comes here. My anxiety and blood pressure spikes like crazy and I just...feel a little lightheaded." He explains as he's being ushered back into the apartment. Katsuki sets him down on the sofa and Denki quickly goes to grab a glass of water from the kitchen. Shouto's hands are so shaky that he can hardly hold it so Denki just tips it up to his lips.

His condition isn't de-escalating.

#

"You guys really didn't have to come---I was gonna be fine."