Chapter 5 - Broken Trust - Peter

Insert song: 5SOS - Teeth

I didn't even complain when Magneto took my suit and left me naked with my boxers. I was still dazed with what I witnessed. He put me and Deadpool in a box cell, where the three sides were made of unbreakable glass. There was only a chair on the backside of the cell. Deadpool's cell was on another room, different from where mine was. I was completely alone in a room filled with other empty cells. Magneto released me from the cables which he used to tie us, and told me to take off my suit. He said it was to make sure I won't fight and try to escape. I silently gave the suit to him, letting him to confiscate it. After he left, I sat down, thinking of the image Mastermind showed me. I tried to tell myself nothing of it was real, but I couldn't help my hands from shaking. The next day, Magneto came with my mask.

"Aoi begged me to let you to at least keep your mask," Magneto handed out my mask, "He'll be here in seconds."

"... thank you," I said, "The visions... They aren't real, right? And Aoi is... is alive?"

"Yes, it was merely an illusion," Magneto said, "But it was also a warning. If you ever try to do anything funny, the visions will come true. So watch yourself, lad."

"You'll... harm him?" I asked, "You won't do anything to him, will you? You can do anything to me, but please... keep him out of this."

"Don't worry about him. I'm indebted to him, so I will make sure he is well cared for," Magneto assured, "You saw it yourself. I wasn't the one who tried to hurt him."

I thought about it again, and it really wasn't him or any of the mutants. The people who killed him in the scene were the authorities.

"Please, keep him safe from them!" I begged.

"Then I hope you won't say anything about what you know," Magneto suggested.

"I won't! I promise."

"Peter?" Aoi called as he entered the room, "Mr. Erik, what did you do to him?"

"I was just giving him a pep talk," Magneto's tone of talking changed to be more gentle and not as scary as he sounded before, "Now I need to take care of some business. Remember what I said, boy."

"Y-yeah..." I immediately responded.

Magneto left us both alone in the room.

"Please put on your mask, I don't want the rest of the BoM members to find your identity," Aoi entered my cell, bringing some pieces of clothing.

"...You're right," I put on my mask only until my forehead so I could still look at his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't stop him from capturing you," Aoi embraced me.

"It's fine... Are you hurt?" I weakly asked, "Did they do something to you?"

"No. I'm okay," Aoi smiled.

"Thank god," I dropped myself on the floor, "I thought once they found out about you helping me they'll punish you or something."

"Why? Did Mr. Erik threatened you on it?"

"... huh?" I paused, "... no. He didn't."

"I know what they did! Mr. Jason! He must have put something on your head!" he became angry, "Look, it's no more than illusions. It's what he put on people's head. None of it is real, you hear me?"

"I-I know," I tried to hide what I felt.

"Don't lie to me, Peter!" he sat beside me, "Tell me what he showed you."

"I... I can't tell you... I'm sorry," I turned my face on the other way.

"It's alright. I won't force you," he laid his head on my shoulder and put my hand on his palm, "Was it worse than what Mysterio showed you?"