We All Got Dreams

"Heyyyy Fran!" Erza called over from the other side of the lunch hall. Of course the school couldn't give the students a half day and be nice, so they had to sit through the five, hour long periods of classes before finally being released. Fran sighed, smiling as she put two dollars in front of the lunch lady.

"Be right over!" She called back. She quickly picked up a tray with a plate and gladly scooped the beef stroganoff onto it. She took mashed potatoes and a chocolate milk to go with it and bolted to the table she always sat at - this would be the last time.

"School made Beef Stroganoff? Again? I swear you're obsessed with that stuff…" Erica huffed, spooning some chicken noodle soup from her thermos into her mouth.

"Yeah, if you could you'd probably marry it." Erza giggled. Fran waved a dismissing hand in the air.

"Shut up and give me my gravy." Haiki chuckled and reached into her bag (that she always carried around no matter what class), pulling out two containers of gravy. Fran smiled wide and reached for them, only for Haiki to pull away.

"You have to give me some of your potatoes." The brown haired girl gasped.

"What?? You've never asked for my potatoes in the full four years we've been eating here. Now you're asking for them? What's with that?" Haiki smiled and raised a hand, making a grabbing motion.

"Spoon it over." Fran groaned loudly and spooned two spoonfuls into Haiki's empty salad bowl.

"There, happy?" Haiki nodded approvingly and gave Fran the gravy containers. Erica scoffed.

"I would've asked for more." Erica commented. Erza hummed in agreement.

"Yeah, two spoonfuls? That's definitely not enough."

"Yeah well, she gave me my gravy already so she isn't getting anymore." Fran angrily forked out the remaining gravy in the containers, but to no avail. Haiki gladly ate the potatoes and spoke.

"The only reason why I asked for the potatoes is cause part of my lunch is garbage. I had to compensate for it somehow." Erza raised a brow, biting into her chicken salad sandwich.

"Really? How so?" She inquired. Haiki sighed and pulled out a sort of omelette in a plastic container. She hesitantly opened the blue lid and a horrid smell of fish and mushrooms filled the air around them. Luckily, not many people sat near the girls, always on the other side of the lunch hall.

"Oh my god, close it!" Erica coughed, covering her mouth with the back of her hand. Multiple kids turned to look at the commotion, but shrugged it off as just the four's normal antics.

"That smells gross! I think even piss smells better than that thing!" Fran turned away from Haiki, gagging. Erza had a similar reaction. Haiki obliged and closed the container, stuffing it back in her bag.

"My mom packed it cause I didn't eat it this morning... you can smell why." Haiki sweatdropped as she pulled out the rest of her lunch - a peanut butter sandwich with some apple juice. Eventually the group went back to eating, a little more off put than before.

"Sooooo what are you two gonna do once you're out of school?" Erza looked up at Fran and Haiki, both of them pausing to think.

"I dunno, probably continue working my job and get an apartment for us all. How about you Haiki?" Fran answered. Haiki stared at her food for a moment.

"Keep looking for work I guess…" Fran whined.

"Haiki, I told you I'd be working for us! You don't have to work." Haiki pouted and folded her arms.

"Yeah, but I still wanna be a designer! Imagine how many people would be wearing the Kakuro brand on the streets, it'd be great!" Erica laughed, closing her thermos after chugging the rest of the broth.

"Yeah yeah, we all got dreams, Mizu."