Games and Boo-boos

Start from the beginning

A few seconds left on the game and the ball is in Isaac's hand. Their team slightly caught up with the scoring. They have lowered down Thirdy's team score advantage to only five points. The score is now 123-118.

As to what Bea can see, Thirdy's team will surely win, but the opponent still wants to take their chance.

Isaac released the ball and it got in. Two points, now they only need three points to, at least, have an overtime play.

Come the last ten seconds of the game, the ball is in Isaac's possession once again. Bea became more tensed because she knows Thirdy would be more aggressive now that his team needs to make sure they will win.

Just when she was having those thoughts, Isaac stood near the three-point line and released the ball. Thirdy jumped to block and the next thing that registered in Bea's eyes was when Thirdy fell down with blood on his lips. Napaupo ito sa court when he fell.

Her heart skipped a beat and her hands began to tremble because she's so worried. Imagine seeing your husband on national TV falling down with blood on his face. Who wouldn't be so nervous?

The time is over. They won the game. Thirdy was immediately attended by the medics, so it somehow calmed her. What didn't help was the slow-mo that was flashing on the screen.

She was too focused when she heard the girl beside her sob. Iza is crying. Gone is her happy face while eating her doughnuts.

She scooted closer to Bea and hugged her tight.

"Mimi, Dada's hurt. He has blood on his face, Mimi." Her daughter said in between sobs.

"Sweetie, Dada is fine, okay? There are medics there. I'm sure they took care of Dada agad." She said while hugging her back, caressing her soft black hair.

"But I don't want to see Dada get hurt. He also fell, Mimi." Now her cry became louder.

"I think we should tell Dada not to play na with Ninong Ice. I hate Ninong Ice. He's hurt my Dada."

"No, no, sweetie. It's not like that. It's part of the game sometimes, okay? Ninong Ice didn't mean to hurt Dada in any way." She explained to Iza who's now crying so hard.

The little girl nodded but still did not stop crying. Iza was just hugging her so tight.

She can feel that their daughter is really worried about her father.

"Baby, you need to stop crying na. Dada is okay, he'll be home soon. I'll tell him to come home agad, so you will see him. Okay?" Iza just nodded a little. Bea is worried as fat tears are still rolling down her daughter's cheeks.

So she texted Thirdy to go home immediately.

°°°°°

Thirdy was already in the locker room when he read Bea's message that he needs to go home immediately because their daughter is looking for him.

Being the father who is so in love with his daughter, of course, he would really go home agad. Buti na lang he was just done taking a bath and was actually fixing his stuff. So, he told his teammates that he had to go ahead.

While he is on his way to the parking lot, he saw Isaac. His friend came near him.

"Pare." He greeted and went to Thirdy for a man hug.

"That was a nice game. Sorry kanina." Isaac said.

"Part of the game, Ice. Yes, thank you for the nice game."

"Kamusta, malaki ba damage? Baka 'di na maka-kiss, patay ako kay BDL! Baka mapaulanan ako ng Mikasa kahit na buntis 'yun." Isaac joked pointing at the small band-aid near his lips.