Had he made a complete fool of himself? seemed that way. 

Shit. Shit shit shit shit.

He wanted to cry, but felt that'd be too pathetic. Crying over a girl he had met once? No, that wouldn't be him. It had been a week, for god's sake! Why wasn't he moving on?

He just really needed a distraction- for the first time in his life, he regretted not going to school. At least at school he'd have someone to talk to and distract himself.

He looked at his watch. At this time he would be in Advanced English, nearing recess. He would be talking to Will, making time flow easier. 

Will was also something new- an unlikely friend. Mike was honestly just being nice that first day when he invited the Byers boy to sit next to him. For Jane and Max's sake. But after a few minutes of conversation, he realized he really liked Will. He was sweet, extremely shy and self conscious, but sweet.

Over time, he actually found himself waiting for English so he could talk to Will alone. He loved talking to him.

With thoughts of Will he remembered a movie Will had recommended last time they had talked- A movie called Kill Bill. Will had been horrified to learn that Mike had never even heard of it.

"You're kidding! It's like, The best. How could you watch guardians of the galaxy seven times and not even watch Kill Bill once? You have to watch it. YOU HAVE TO." 

the way his mouth hung open, and he looked at Mike with complete shock mixed with disappointment like he had just told him he didn't like puppies or something- Mike had wanted to smile.

He had promised to try it, and with a lack of something better to do and a lot of time on his hands- it seemed like a good time. 

2.42 pm

Mike was kind of shocked. He had spent the rest of the morning and then some watching volume one and two, and- WOW.

those were some of the best and most violent movies he had seen in his life. Maybe even the most violent. It seemed like the kind of movie that Lucas, maybe Dustin or Max, would recommend- but Will??

He seemed to innocent to be watching a woman yank some other woman's eyes out with her bare hands. He couldn't imagine him watching such a hardcore violent movie... it kind of added this layer of depth to the Will he knew.

He imagined watching the movies with Will, imagined Will's lips curling with laughter at the obscure jokes the film offered, imagined the boy flinching at some really hardcore scenes. Just that mental image made him smile. Why? He didn't know. Thinking about Will often made him smile.

My little pony, my little pony!

suddenly a song blasted out, making Mike jump.

used to wonder what friendship could be

Where was this coming from? He looked around, but he was the only one in the house!

until you all shared its magic with me

He sighed. On the kitchen table, he saw from the corner of his eye, his phone was shaking with a call and making the horrible sound.

Big adventures,

He got up and stumped towards the phone.
"I'll Kill Holly," He mumbled.

Tons of fun...

"Hello?" It was Dustin.

"Dude, can we come over now?"

Mike looked at his watch, "Don't you have gym?"

"Ew." Dustin sounded genuinely disgusted, "Lucas and I ditched. So can we come or what?"

Mike laughed, "Sure,"

At that second, his doorbell rang.

"Good, 'cause we're outside."

"What would you have done if I had said no?"

"Come in anyway?" Dustin answered, like it was obvious.

-

-

[AUTHOR SAYS]

sorry for the short and kind of bad chapter, it's sort of an exposition for Mike's side... Next chapter is better, promise