4{Snecking in}

Twilight's pov.

     We both sit on the ground for a while. I looked back at him he looked like he was frecking out. I sigh. Our clothes were soaked, we slowly made a puddle of water where we were sitting. But aside from vanity, I could feel the cold autumn breeze hit us. I shivered so did he like we were leaves in the wind. "Why were you down there?" I ask holding my shoulders. "Hey, it wasn't like I was planning to jump" He shot back. "Then why were you so close to the edge?" I almost yell. He looked like he was thinking to himself. He sighed and hugged his knees shivering. I felt bad for yelling at him. "I'm sorry," I say he seemed to not acknowledge me. I get up looking around us for something.

     Then we both stop and look to the left hearing horses. He gets up quickly and grabs my hand and pulls me to a tree he pushes me into it leaning behind it. "Crouch." He commanded. I did so. We saw a royal guard pass by in front of us he was on a horse talking to some other person. He was there for about 3 minutes then ran off somewhere else. I sigh in relief. I look over to Wild he was pale. "Are you okay?" I ask concerned for him. 

     "Oh god," He whispered enough for me to hear. "What?" I whisper yell. He took a glance at me then thought back to himself. "What!?" I whisper loudly. He seemed out broken by my outburst. "If you and I are caught 'together' down here who knows what might happen to you?" He said worriedly. I give him a look. "Let's face it, you are a total stranger to them," He said. I sigh. 

'He was right, he isn't allowed down here and if they find him here with me 'a total stranger''

     I thought about what to do. "We could..." I pounded. "We can't go left or right, the guard's patrol around the tree 24/7 if we go either way we are bound to be found." He said. "You seem to know the whole area around here, do you know if there are any areas that are not patrolled?" I ask. He goes quite. "From what I remember, I don't know!" He yelled the last part. I was taken back by that. He gives me a look that pleads help. 

     It's strange he doesn't really show his emotions but if you look at his eyes you could find the emotions he was hiding like he was scared of what would happen if he let them out. Or he already wasted them.

     He looks down playing with the hem of his shirt. Finally, he jolted up and grabbed my arm pulling me up. "I know it!" He yelled with pride. "Come!" He said happily. I smile. He runs us to a tree. A bush was covering half of it. He was about to grab ahold of it but stopped when we both heard something in the corner we both duck down. He moves closer to the bush signaling for me to get closer. I did and we heard the horses yell. He hurried up to look around then pulls it up. To my surprise, there was a latter going down.

     He leads me inside, closing it behind him. "It makes me question how you know this place?" I ask earning a laugh from him. "You know I never go down here, I only know this exists because we transport food from here." He said. While we were crawling we heard the conversations of the other people beyond the walls. Someone was talking about dinner others were talking about other stuff.

     We reach a dead end. He gets on his knees and leans up popping his head up to have a wooden trapdoor resting on his head. I got beside him and did the same the tips of our heads looking out while the trapdoor was on us. (lol can you imagine this) 

     Then we heard someone come into the room. We ducked down hitting our heads together. He yelped from pain and leaned back into the wall so did I. We both covered our mouths and hid in the small space. I move left realizing that our legs were tangled together because of how close we were. We waited to try to hear anything else in the room. When it was quite Wild peeked up a bit. He signaled it was okay. And climbed out me following from behind. He put that door down silently. We both walk out quickly but quite. We watch for guards then we bolt down the hall.

     We turned a corner and he bumped into someone. He pushed me to the side behind him. It was a guard he didn't seem to notice me. "Sir what are you doing out here, you should be in bed," He said. "I know, I know, but I was thirsty and came from the kitchen." He said pushing me a little to the side so the guard wouldn't see me. He grabs Wild's wrist and asked. "Well do you want me to escort you to-"

"No, it's fine!!" Wild yelled and pulled his wrist out of the man's lock.

     He leans back trying to shield me away from the guard. "Are you feeling alright?" the guard asked. "I'm fine promise." He said and pushed me to the right and followed in front of me. "Now I will head back now!" Wild said. The guard nodded and left. I got up behind Wild. He turned and bumped into me. "Sorry I forgot" He whimpered and rubbed his head. "It's fine," I said. We both bolted down the hall trying to get somewhere that we can't be found at.