4. My Hallelujah (Chris)

Começar do início

     Fortunately for me, they've cleared the entire restaurant in just an hour and have brought in a few personalized extras just for the occasion.

     Here we go.

     I smile throughout the entire meal, absolutely head over heels with the wonder in Seb's eyes and the smile on his face. It's only when I stand up from our little table in the atrium and offer him my hand that different emotions register with him.

     Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Scarlett and Mackie taking pictures and video of the moment.

     Breathe, Chris.

     Seb looks up at me in surprise as warm piano fills the restaurant. It's one of my favorites, the incredibly moving theme from Howl's Moving Castle.

     "May I have this dance?" I ask softly.

      He smiles warmly as he sets his hand in mine and moves onto his feet, saying softly, "Always."

     We walk hand-in-hand to the middle of the open atrium, all of the other tables and chairs having been cleared away before we even arrived.

     "It's just like you to have them play the theme from Howl's Moving Castle," Seb teases as we turn toward each other and move closer, fitting together as naturally as we always have. "You've really outdone yourself, Chris."

      I smile as we begin a circle around the space, settling into the rhythm of the song with ease, "Only the best for you."

      "It's almost eight minutes long," he says. "I can't believe you didn't choose 'Hallelujah' instead, if I must be honest."

     "Speaking of," I smile as the music changes, transitioning from a bridge in Howl's Moving Castle to a song I sing often, just for Seb.

     He smiles, "You're unbelievable. A medley of my favorite songs, all on piano?"

     I pick up on the melody and begin softly singing.

     "Well I've heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music, do ya?"

     He moves closer to me, resting his head on my chest over my heart, as we continue a slow circle of the room. He smiles as the lights grow dim, allowing the stars in the sky above to shine down on us.

      "Well it goes like this: the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift, the baffled king composing Hallelujah."

     He joins me in song, softly singing, "Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah."

     I pour out my heart with every word I sing, the music steadily growing louder as a choir of voices join me.

     "Well, your faith was strong but you needed proof. You saw her bathing on the roof, her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya. She tied you to her kitchen chair, and she broke your throne and she cut your hair, and from your lips she drew the Hallelujah."

     Friends and family, including my parents and his mother, that we hold dear to us enter the space, all of their voices lifted in harmony.

     Leading them, as expected, is Robert, who can't stop smiling. Scarlett and Mackie step in, now streaming the moment live to the world like I instructed — Scarlett is live on Seb's Instagram and Mackie is live on my Twitter.

     "Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah."

      I let go of Seb and take a step back to lead the choir as we continue singing. As expected, he's completely stunned, and I can guarantee that he has no idea what's coming next.