Don't touch his Squirt

Start from the beginning

"I'm trying to hang on but it's hard. The thread is breaking I can feel it."

"Wait! What is she talking about!" The man with the Afo said to L.

"Ryuzaki! What's happening!" Said the Chief.

"It seems I have made an incorrect assumption." Was all L said.

"Squirt just hang on, please."I. Was basically begging now. One hundred years ago I would have never thought I would be beggin for a almost-humans life. But I am now.

"I'm trying." Her back arched again in pain. I wish I could take all her pain for her. Suddenly the door opened and the matsuda fellow came in with 2 bags full of meat. I quickly took the bags and ignored his freaking out as I ripped open the packaging. I fed my squirt the meat and I could see her pale skin start to flush with life. She stopped sweating and was still on the couch, she looked better by a long shot.

"You should have just told us you needed meat to survive." L said looking at her.

"I didn't want to be a bother." She whispered back leaning in to me. I patted her back and smiled at her.

"You ok now kid?" Beyond asked sitting on her other side.

"Yeah beyond, thanks for the concern but I'm ok now." She said smiling at him, her fangs gleaming.

L and the other people started talking about things that we didn't perticularly care about. But then they said something that caught my attention and squirts.

"Did you say the chiefs son is coming to work with us?" Asked squirt, if he did then I would be able to see Ryuk more often.
"Yes he is coming to work on the Kira investigation. Why do you ask?" L said looking at her with judging eyes.

"Is he like me? How old is he?" She asked excitedly even thought she knew she was no where near his age.
But it gave the impression she just wanted someone her age to play with, and her boredom.

L's judging wys got soft and so did the rest of the task forces eyes.

"Why do you need anyone your age..... You have Shishu." Matsuda said the one that got her the meat.

"Well, Shishu is great and I love him with all my heart and soul. But sometimes it gets depressing just knowing that the only friends you have and the only friends you ever make revolve around death. I've never had a normal friend to not judge me about my ears and tail." She said looking down, she was such a good actor. I know she doesn't care that I'm her only friends or what other people think of her. She just wants them under her thumb.

"Awwwwwe." Matsuda wailed and leaped to hug her, but I quickly grabbed her and lifted her above my head. He ended up diving into the couch.

"Please refrain from touching my squirt." I sighed knowing he couldn't hear me.

"Matsuda..... Maybe you should refrain from touching her. Her shinigami doesn't seem to like it." L said sighing at this task members actions.
I put squirt down and looked at her face, she was trying not to laugh.

"Shishu?" She asked.

"Yes squirt?"

"You can go out and get some cherries if you want." She said smiling.

"Ok, I'll be back later then." I said shrugging. I wasn't going to turn down cherries.

*childs pov*
"Shishu left to get some cherries." I announced and set the table right after said shinigami flipped it.

"Squirt?" L said turning to face me.

"Yes?" I asked timidly.

"Next time you need something...... Tell us and we can get it to you. Please don't intend on dying because I really don't want to die because you accepted your fate." He said and turned back around. But I could see what he really ment.
'I'll get you what you need, your not a bother.'

"Ok." I said sighing, I got the coloring things that chief gave me and started coloring.

"We can take you to a park if that's what you desire. To be around kids your age. Cheif Yagami's son is way older then you." L said
"That's ok, I don't want to be a burden. You all are needed here. And if I can't leave then I won't." I said not looking up from my coloring page.

"Your such an interesting child." Chief yagami said turning to look at me.

"I am?" I still didn't look up.
"I guess it all depended on your view of interesting." L said sitting backwards in his Rollie chair.

"I don't think I'm interesting." I commented looking for a different color.

"What do you find interesting squirt?" Asked Aizawa.

"I find death very interesting. Well more the opinion of death." I said picking a red crayon.

"What's so interesting about it?" Asked Mogi.

"Well, it seems that death is the only true thing about life. Life is a sweet lie while death is the ugly truth. You can make a name for yourself. Be loved by everyone. But in the end death still claims you his. Or hers depending. Some people are afraid of death. While some love it and go so far as to speed their death date closer to them. Even when life pushes you down, death will come to pick you up." I said with a smile while finishing the picture. I ripped it from the book and turned it to show everyone.

"Look! See what I colored! Isn't it pretty?" It was a picture of a raven I colored with red eyes and black wings outlined in purple.
"It's beautiful squirt, why don't you go hang it on the fridge?" Said matsuda.
I nodded my head like a bobble head and rushed off to the fridge and stuck it on with a magnet. I came back to see Beyond glaring at L.

"Beyond what's wrong?" I asked looking at the demon.

"Nothing squirt, just some hatred." Beyond shrugged.
My shoulders slumped.

"Beyond?"

"Yes."

"You have such a pretty and unique name." I sighed knowing I didn't have one.
"Thanks kid, but don't be so down." He said patting my back.

"Are you still on that name thing?" Shishu said coming in through the window.

"Well, it's just, you all have names. Why can't I have one? Even if a rose by any other name is just as sweet. At least it has something to call itself. Even if every rose has the same name. I can't even call myself human." I said directed to the two supernaturals.
"It's not all that great, having a name or being human." Beyond said shrugging.
"I don't know, but I know I shouldn't want to find out. Curiosity killed the cat." I said and sat on the couch.

"You've seemed really down lately squirt, is not havin a name the reason?" L asked rolling his chair over, nibbling his thumb.

"I don't know what your talking about." I said

"She doesn't know what it's like to be up, so she feels no diffrence being down."shishu said for me.

"So she's depressed?" L asked

"She's as happy as she can get. Being with a being that brings death can only allow you so much happiness. I found her in a box, she's happier now I guess." Shishu said.

"I'm right here! I do feel happy with you! Your my greatest nearest friend shishu. Your my everything. I would be out on the streets dead without you." I said tears in my eyes.

"I know squirt." He said picking me up holding me. I don't know what it is. But when he calls me squirt, it feels like a normal name. When he holds me, it always seems to slow my heart down to a normal pace. He calms me down, he makes me happy. I feel safe with him.

Even if shishu is a shinigami, a death god.

Death is life's only truth.

He will never lie to me.

He will always be there.

Watching over my shoulder.

One day death will take my soul, and I will give it willingly.

I've taken so many souls already.

Death can surly have mine.

Even when life throws me around like a rag doll.

I know my death god will always pick me up.