Ben and Bowers.

After a bit of rummaging through things the boy we're looking fors brother says "I'm B-Bill by the w-way"

"I'm y/n." I say.

"You have a b-b-beautiful name." He reply's.

"Thanks." I say turning to the other boys.

"May I ask what your names are?" I say

"Richie." A corky boy with glasses says.

The one with the inhaler reply's "Eddie."

And the last one adds "Stanley. But preferably Stan."

"Nice to meet all of you."  I say as from the corner of my eye Bill picks up a shoe.

It's a girls shoe so I know it's not his brothers. But it's the first sign we have found of a child in these barrens.

"Holy-" Richie doesn't finish.

Bill puts the shoes down.

"We should go." Eddie says clearly uncomfortable "I mean, this is sketchy. Really sketchy." He breaths in his inhaler.

Richie picks something up with his stick and jokingly tosses it at Eddie who scoots back bumping into me. I tumble back toward the water but Bill puts his arm behind me, and catching me he stops me from hitting the water.

"Thanks." I say smoothing out my shirt.

He just smiles I small smile and turns to Richie "Don't be such an idiot next time."

Richie rolls his eyes jokingly.

As we continue looking through the objects I hear a splash from behind me. A boy struggles, clearly in pain, blood drips from his side, in the water.

I reach out of the barrens to him.

"Are you ok?! What happened?"

"Bowers." He says.

I have no clue what that means but I learn when a tall boy comes through the woods with two other boys.

"L-leave him alone B-Bowers." Bill steps in front of me and the boy.

"N-no." Bowers mocks his stutter.

This ticks me off.

I stand up from the side of the boy, in which Eddie is already starting to check over, and walk in front of Bowers.

"Y-y/n-" Bill has a worried look on his face.

"I'll be fine." I look into Bowers evil eyes "After all he's just a pathetic boy."

Bowers face grows angrier.

"What did you say to me little girl."

"Your pathetic." I can hear Bill telling me not to anger him more but I keep going "I mean. You must just be so bored that all you can do is be a prick all the time. And you must be pretty unhappy with yourself. I don't blame you, look at your face."

"I'll mess up your face!" He throws a punch at me but I grab his fist before it hits my eye.

His jaw drops a little and his friends jaws drop completely.

I squeezed his fist until I can tell it hurts. Then I spit in his face and begin running as his friends start chasing me into the forest.

When I look back I see that at the edge of the forest Richie holds Bill back and I can imagine he's saying it would be a stupid idea to follow me. When I look back in front of me I see a stream blocking the way I was headed. So I do all I can do. I jump in.

Swimming down under the water and near a bush hanging over the water. I pop up, a bit in the bush, just enough so I can breathe through my nose.

I notice the three boys, Bowers is now here too, searching for me.

After a minute or so one says "Maybe she couldn't swim and drowned."

Bowers laughs "Lets go boys." And walks away.

I stay there until there completely out of sight and when I get out of the water I walk until i get into town. The boy have to be somewhere around here. I look at the shops windows to see if I spot them but I don't. I don't until I see Richie, Eddie, and the boy in one alleyway.

Running over to them I ask "Where's Bill and Stan?"

"Getting supply's." Eddie says.

Just then the two boys come around the corner with bandages and other things.

Bill immediately asks "Why are y-you all w-wet?"

I look down at my soaked clothes. I had forgotten that I was all wet to be honest "I had to jump into a stream to get away." I look over a Eddie fixing the boys wound.

"What y-you did back th-there was awesome."

"Thanks." I reply.

After a bit I ask "Do you know his name?"

"B-Ben."

After another pause he says "You sh-should come down t-to the q-q-qaurry with us t-tomorrow after s-school."

I smile "I'll be there."

Somehow I know these boys were meant to be my friends.