"Are you new? I don't think i've seen you around." the girl said snapping Esme out of her thoughts as she looked at her with a clear of her throat.

"Um, yes. Yeah, we just got here." Esme said to her quickly, slightly cringing at how awkward she was being.

"Well i'm Dina, and I like your contacts. Totally a trend setter." she smiled making Esmes face fall slightly as she rolled her eyes.

"Esme, and it's not contacts." the girl said as Dinas face also fell as her ears turned a bright red.

"Oh, oh i'm so sorry I just-" she began to ramble, being stopped by Esme who held a hand up.

"It's fine, happens all the time. So would you recommend the hamburgers or do I have a better bet with the cheese fries?" Esme asked, hoping the awkwardness would leave the two alone.

"That's a tough one, i'd say both." Dina smiled, making Esme laugh slightly and nod, feeling the slightest of warmth in her cheeks as Dina got passed the Hamburger and the strawberry shake was set infront of Esme.

"Well it was nice meeting you, don't be a stranger." the girl with curly hair smiled as she walk off, Esme watching as she left before turning back to her strawberry milkshake.

After a few more minutes, Esme decided it was best if she went home. She knew she needed to apologize to her Dads, already starting to feel the guilt of how she'd treated them the past few days. Esme knew someone was walking behind her, she could hear their feet on the gravel. Looking over her shoulder she saw the short redhead girl from before, thinking she'd turn down her road soon, Esme kept walking. After a few more minutes she wiped her head around and pulled the mace from her pocket.

"Stand back! I'll mace you!" she yelled, making the redhead stumble back, falling into the gravel and holding her hands up.

"Don't shoot!" she explained as Esme kept the glare on her face.

"Why have you been following me since the diner?" the girl asked, trying to keep the toughest face she could on.

"I-i'm not! I'm not, this is my way home. Just a few more streets." the redhead explained as Esme stared at her for a moment before sighed and putting the mace away.

"I'm sorry, new towns kinda freak me out. I'm Esme." she said while holding her hand down to help the girl up, her bright blue eyes looked up at Esme before she took her hand and pulled her up.

"Sydney, my friend met you earlier." Sydney said as she brushed her hands off and began walking side by side.

"The cute girl in pink, you've got good taste in friends." Esme said as Sydney's face flushed as she gave a awkward smile.

"Did you um, did you move in okay?" she asked her awkwardly, getting a odd look from Esme but she brushed it off.

"I did, thank you for the very specific question." Esme said as Sydney gave her a very odd smile before a voice cut them off.

"Hey Syd!" a boy with massive curls on his head and dressed as if he just time traveled from the eighties, ran toward them.

"Hey." Syd said back awkwardly. Esme watched as he ran over, putting the dark sunglasses on his head and squinting from the sun.

"Oh, my leg fell asleep one sec." he said while shaking it and doing odd stresses. Esme looked to Syd with an odd, yet amused look, only getting yet another awkward grin.

"I dig your outfit." Esme spoke up, making the boy look at her with wide eyes.

"You do? Well thank you m'lady. Stanley Barber." he said while taking a bow and holding his hand out to her.

"Esme Bennett." she said back with a eyebrow raise.

"Can I walk with the two of you?" he asked while looking between the two girl, eyes squinted from the sun.

"Sure, why not." Sydney shrugged as the three fell in line together.

"You okay?" Syd asked him, motioning down to his feet as he smiled over at her with a awkward hand motion.

"Shoes, who needs them?" he asked with a side grin.

"Certainly not cave men, I like the vibe. Very ancient history." Esme teased as he hummed with a nod.

"It's what I was going for." he joked right back.

"Ugh so Bloodwich, am I right?" Stanley asked awkwardly while not walking properly next to the two.

"Bloodwich? You like their music?" he asked them again after getting a odd look from Syd.

"They're great." Esme added in, hearing a few of their songs before.

"That's a terrible name for a band." Sydney said with a odd look, making Stanley shake his head quickly.

"Nah, perfect." he argued back with a point.

"It sounds like they sound like shit." Sydney said as Esme shook her head.

"Not all songs, you'd probably enjoy the awkward teenager songs." Esme said getting a joking glare from the shorter redhead.

"Well I mean- I mean I have them on vinyl, limited addition, you guys could come over and we could listen sometime." He suggested as Esmes face lit up.

"Like on tapes or records?" Esme asked as he looked past Syd again to grin.

"Both." he admits with an embarrassed smile.

"Right on, man." Esme said as she held her arm out as the two high fived over Sydney head.

"Oh." was all Sydney said, not having very much interest in music.

"And we can get high." he offered making Esme blink in surprise, never in her life has she been high.

"High on drugs or high like- in the sky?" she asked getting a snort from him and a look as if he thought she was joking, in a way anyone would have done the same.

"Yeah, maybe." Syd spoke up as she adjusted the backpack on her shoulder.

"I mean- I mean you guys don't have to. We just, we live so close and we've never really hung out before. And I mean you, you and all your new girl thing you've got going on." Stan said while looking between the two.

"No, I guess we haven't. But sure, yeah maybe we should." Syd said as she looked between the two.

"Cool, let me know. I'll just-" Stan began as he circled around the two, pulling Esmes phone out of her back pocket.

"Lovely screen saver, this is my number. And i'd invest in a password." he said while handing her back her phone and starting to walk away before he turned around and did a odd bow.

"What a world we live in, Esme and Sydney." was his last words before walking off. Syd looked to Esme as she opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"Fabulous getting to be an acquaintance to you Sydney that goes by Syd." Esme said with a tip of her fake hat before walking home with a pep in her step.

✼✱✯✩✥✫✯✬✰✬✰✵✦✬✻

not sure if it was obvious but esme is very much a bi con.