Love has the most bittersweet goodbyes

After two long years of heartbreak,
I choose to free you today. At this moment.

You were my first love, my first crush.
I liked you since the time I was in fourth grade and continued till tenth.

Six long years of love.
Or a one-sided one should I say?!

You were the epitome of my happiness.
My sole reason to get up everyday and go to school.
My sole reason to rush to the canteen after hearing the lunch bell go off.

I can never forget the feeling of butterflies in stomach which I experienced when I saw you. 

You were the sole reason for me staying up late at night at my birthday eve expecting a birthday wish.

I would keep checking my Instagram just to see weather you uploaded anything or texted me.

I would wait for your text every eid.

You were an amazing person. I was head over heels for you.

After you went, nothing was the same.

Everything felt so empty.

I still remember when you came home and to school to collect your marksheet.

I broke into tears that very moment because I just missed you so much and Allah had accepted my dua and sent you to me.

I prayed alot of times to Allah to let us get married in a halal way in the future.

Yes. That's how much I liked you.

But now I have finally decided to free you from the confines of my heart.

No more poems. No more stories. No more duas. No more dreams. No more letters.

You came to my life, made me feel that beautiful feeling and went away.

You were a lesson for me to never let myself get attached to any guy.

And Alhamdulillah, I never did after that.

Before, everyone would tell me to forget you and move on but I never did that happily.

But today, I wouldn't say I would forget you, after all you were my first love and you would always capture a piece of my heart.

But I can proudly say that I've moved on.

I let you go from my heart for the peace of soul. I can't just keep suffering in the remembrance of you.

I wont regret a single moment which I had spent on loving you, texting you, talking to you, writing poems and stories about you, missing you,crying for you, writing letters to you, making dua for you and imagining our life together.

I would lock these memories in the cage of my heart and just cherish them.

After six long years of love with two long years of heartbreak,

I've finally decided to let you off.