Big Brother's Perspective

Start from the beginning

Hunk nodded. "I agree, I was thinking, maybe they knew she was a Paladin? Do you think they will ransom her? I mean they are pirates right? Don't pirates just want loot or money? They can't be that different from Earth pirates right? Do you think the Garrison will pay a ransom?"

Lance looked up, "I don't think the Garrison or Earth will pay a ransom. Fuck. Can we get to the Blade ship? Maybe Matt and I can go and help. We don't have anyone holding us here. I just need to get closer so maybe I can help. Hunk, you and Shiro have partners that need you so need to be here. But I honestly don't think I can stay out of the action anymore. Please. I couldn't help Allura, I couldn't do anything really. I need to help Pidge."

Matt quickly agreed. "Yes, please, we can take a ship and get out there, no wait!! Cosmo can take us!" I looked over to Shiro, who looked sad, he puts his hand on his shoulder, "Shiro?"

Shiro is silent for a few minutes. "I'll call Keith. But I'm coming too. I'll tell Curtis and your dad; he can take over command of the Atlas. (Looks up at me) Matt don't argue. I know what I'm doing."

I reply, "I don't think you do. Man, Curtis isn't going to like you leaving. Talk to him."

Hunk stands, "I'll pack. I'm coming too. Don't think you can talk me out of it. I'll ask what Shay wants to do, but no matter what I'm going." He gets up and leaves first, patting each of us on our back as he leaves.

Several hours later, it's now morning and we are in the hanger waiting for Cosmo to arrive. His parents are there as well, hugging him and telling him to be careful. Turns out Shay has decided to come as well, and I don't see Curtis so, I'm guessing he chose not to come or he just isn't  happy with Shiro. I really hope this experience doesn't kill their marriage, but he can't bring himself to tell Shiro to stay back. He knows he needs to be on hand too. Cosmo poofs in and there's no time for second thoughts. We all need to keep moving forward.

It's been a crazy day. The Blades assigned them a group room with Griffin while Hunk and Shay got a private room. Keith, as a blade, already has a room on a different level. Not that anyone was interested in sleeping, they just dropped their stuff off and went to the interrogation area. But, after a few hours, he wondered, what was going on between his little sister and these two men?

Both Griffin and Keith were being especially ruthless when questioning the space pirates they had captured. Matt actually was shocked. The Blades took it without a blink so he was assuming this was normal for them. But, Matt had never seen Keith like this. While he didn't know Griffin as well, he knew this was not Garrison interrogation techniques. It was like watching bad cop and badder cop. Neither seemed to care that they saved two of Pidge's teammates. They were solely focused on finding out where Pidge was. God, I'm her brother and I'm having a hard time watching them. Where was Pidge??? If they didn't find her...what was that going to do to all of them?

Finally, Shiro had enough and intervened when it looked like Keith might really kill the pirate he was questioning. He called both Griffin and Keith in a small viewing room. "Both of you stop! Killing the pirate isn't going to get Pidge back. We need someone to cooperate!! So both of you, get out of here until I can get some answers. And that's an order."

Griffin listens an actually stomps off and slams the door. Keith on the other hand-seems to just fall into a chair. "Shiro, I need to find her. (Hands running through his hair) I know, I'm not acting especially honorably, but I have to find her. Don't you understand? I can't fail (whispering) I can't fail her."

Shiro replies, "Do you finally recognize that you love her?"

Both Keith and I freeze. Love??? Shit when did this happen? My eyes snap to Keith as he replies, haltingly, "I...I... don't know what you mean. I'd do the same for anyone on my team...anyone of you."

Shiro levels a look at him, slamming his robotic hand on the table. In a low and steady voice he starts, calming stating "Really? That's what you are going with? In case, YOU have forgotten, YOU grabbed Pidge's arm in the mental field, no one else's. YOU eat lunch with Pidge on the Atlas every chance you get. YOU remember to call Pidge. YOU DON'T EVEN CALL ME! Don't lie to yourself now. We'll get her back, we must, because quite frankly I can't accept another option. But I don't know what she will have been through. And honestly, I'm just tired of seeing you dance around the issue that you fucking LOVE her! I know you are scared. I get it. But more, *voice quieter* you are IN love with her. This whole episode should make it clear to you, don't waste any more time. It hasn't escaped any of our notice that you had a FREAKIN shirt that she wore that smelled like her, because you didn't wash it, ON HAND!!!"

Keith opened his mouth...then closed it. He then closed his eyes, eventually laying his head on his arm. "Shiro, I can't ruin what we already have. I don't think I can take that risk. But, yeah, I can't say you're wrong. But we need to find her regardless of what our relationship is or could be. (Quietly) And it hasn't escaped my notice that Griffin is right here with me every fucking step of the fucking way. The Boy Scout, who is breaking just as many rules as me. Fuck. So what are we going to do? I can't stop."

Shiro smiled, "Well I finally have some good news. Colleen has been busy channeling her energies into something productive. She has a truth serum that should work on most alien life forms. And your space dog has just gotten it to me, so, let's see what this asshole has to say."