Ch 12 - Afraid and Abrupt Endings lmao

Start from the beginning

"Where are Amy and Rory?" I ask him as I open up my package of gummy worms.

"In the TARDIS doing... couple stuff." We both grimace. "Their relationship is now fixed, so no more trouble." He reaches over and gently holds my pendant, which vibrates in his hand. "It likes me now," he smiles and drops it on my chest.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask and he looks down at me. "I watched a movie with future you, it seems fitting that I watch one with you too." I reach over him and grab the remotes for the TV and cable off the side table.

"Sure, why not? Haven't seen movies in a while," he grins as I turn the TV on. I flip through some channels but stop when one catches my eye.

"Oh my god, I remember this movie!" I gasp as Hook starts to play. "We were camping when I was little at a cabin. I was in a time out for slapping my cousin, but the room I was in had a TV in it. The only channels they had were Discovery Channel and TNT, and also some news and two sports channels but I was little and didn't like that stuff. TNT had Hook on, and I already loved Peter Pan, so this was heaven for me. It was my favorite movie for two years..." I trail off when I see the Doctor looking at me. "Sorry, I was rambling."

"No, no. It's okay," he assures me. "I like learning new stuff about you. It's... interesting." I shrug.

"I loved Robin Williams so much," I mutter. [I added in this whole Hook bit after he died. Haydie's experience with the movie is what actually happened to me. please excuse my sobs]

"He was a great man. Met him once. Actually, I believe I'm in this movie," he muses. I look up at him and see him thinking. "Yeah, I am. When they introduce Captain Hook, I'm one of the pirates in the background."

"You've gotta show me!"

"Nah, you wouldn't recognize me anyways. I had a lot of hair back then. Big scarf," he mutters and I shrug.

"Oh, by the way, if my parents come home and you're still here, your name is John Smith, you're 21 years old, you go to the same college as me, and we met when I was collecting the mail earlier today," I inform him and his eyebrows shoot up.

"Okay?" He answers confused. I nod and cuddle back into him.

We watch the rest of the movie in silence, enjoying each other's company. I'm starting to get more and more comfortable with the Doctor, and I don't know if that scares me or excites me.

The movie only had a couple minutes left before I fell asleep. I vaguely remember being carried around and placed onto a bed.

******

I'm all alone in a field of fire. People are screaming everywhere, and the only thing I hear other than screams are explosions. Dead bodies and machinery are scattered around me. I'm hurt and surely dying, but no one is here to help. No one comes by my side. Not even the man with the changing face.

Then, all of time stops. Everything pauses and everything is silent. I'm the only one not frozen. Tears start to collect in my eyes as I know where this is going.

I suddenly have the strength to get up and look around. Every breath is like swallowing acid and every step feels like swimming through lava. Pain and fear is masked on everyone's frozen faces. I can see the shape of metal creatures in the background, and an echo of their calls scatter in the wind. Every instinct tells me to run, but where to? Danger is all around me.

I look down at the bodies around me. I recognize who these people were. My hand flies up to rub my pendant, but it's not there. These dead bodies are my mom and dad, friends from school, my grandparents, aunts and uncles, Amy and Rory. There's someone in front of me who makes my heart stop. Their torso is all torn up like someone tried to dig through it. In place of a leg there's a pool of blood. One of their arms are bent in the wrong angle and in places where it shouldn't be bent. Their face looks up at the sky, mouth ajar and eyes distant. I recognize the face of this man, and my body is washed over by a chilling numb. A wretched sob breaks through my chest and it my mouth as I stare at the Doctor's mangled body.