Side story from Broken, Abused and Loved

Start from the beginning

"Well, get used to it. When we become famous, we're gonna go on tours and things. And you are so not coming." He laughs an evil laugh. Like the 'mwahahahaha' evil laugh. I jab him in the side with my fist.

"So you say, what does Demetri say?" I turn and flutter my eyelashes at my wonderful lover.

"Mmm. Edward's right on this one, love." He grins at me.

I gasp in fake horror and jab him with my elbow. "Loser." I say.

He picks me up and swimgs me around. "You know i'm kidding, babe. Come on." He kisses my nose. "Besides, i made plans for us tonight. It's Christmas Eve. I gotta take my special person somewhere, right?" He looks at me and smiles, as he sets me on my feet again.

"Yup." I smile back. "Well, i gotta go. Gotta finish my Christmas Shopping." I smirk.

"Yeah, right. Christmas Shopping. I don't see any bags anywhere." Edward jibes me.

"Shutup! I'm.. having problems finding some.." i turn my head, hiding my blush.

I hear Edward burst out laughing. "Oh, come on, Demetri isn't that hard to shop for."

"Well, i wanna find something perfect." I stick my tongue out at Edward.

"Don't worry, whatever you get me will be perfect." Demetri smiles and kisses me lightly on the lips. "I'll be by to get you around 6."

"But that's only 3 hours!!" i start panicking.

"Relax. You'll figure it out." He smiles and chucks me under my chin. "See ya."

I smile back and turn to walk off. I still have no clue what to get him.. then i thought back about where we first met and an idea hit me.

6 p.m.

I'm dressed in a black dress, coming to midthigh, with plenty of cleavage. i smile. My hair is done up very extravagantly. It may be short, but i can do plenty with it.

I hear my doorbell.

I rush to the front door, and jerk it open. Demetri was standing there, in a black tux, With a purple rose and a red rose, clipped short. He smiles at me and takes the roses, and sticks it in my hair. I grab his hand and drag him in.

"So, handsome, what are we doing tonight?" I ask, nervously. This is our first christmas together..

"Well, first we are gonna head over to my house.. I made us a special dinner.." He smiles at me, lovingly.

"Ok.. but can we walk?" If we walked, we'd pass by the park..

"Sure." He smiles at me, and grabs my jacket for me. He helps me put it on, and i walk around the house, shutting lights off. Finally, he grabs my hand and we walk out the door.

We walk down the street, towards the park. His arm around me. I feel my palms start sweating, i'm getting nervous. What if he thinks this isn't a good gift?

I take a deep breath, and take his arm off my shoulder, and grab his hand. "How about a little detour? I ask, sterring us to the park.

His brows furrow in confusion. "Ok.. but we need to make it quick.." He looks down the street to his house. It can wait a little longer..

We're slowly walking upon the tree.. i hope the gift is still there, i left it so i could do all this at once. My dress doesn't exactly have pockets..

I take a deep breath. We're under the willow tree.

"Ok, Violet.. we're here.. in the place we first met.. you look so nervous. What's wrong?"

"i have a gift for you.." i bend down and grab the little wooden box. It's not made from the willow tree, but it'll work. I hand him the box and refuse to make eye contact. I hear him open the box and i hear him chuckle.

"Violet.. this is so like you. I love it." I look over at him, and he's putting the bracelet on. It's a bracelet made from the vines of the willow tree, i add a little wooden charm, a guitar. I know it might be a little girlish.. but i loved it. I thought he would too.

"That's not all.." I turn us toward the tree and flick a lighter. There, engraved on the tree, is our initials, VA & DJ in a big heart.

"yes, it's a little cheesy.. and sentimental but this is where-" I got cut off by Demetri's lips on mine.

He leaned back and rested his forehead on mine, his fingertips caressing my face. "It's perfect. All of it." He lightly presses his lips to mine. "Thank you." He whispers against my lips.

I smile, "Your very welcome."

He steps back and takes my hand. "Now, it's my turn."

We walk to his house, and we go in. He has a perfect candle lit dinner set up. Hopefully it didn't get cold. I see why he looked so worried.

We sit and eat and talk. He takes my hand and leads me to the living room, sitting me on the couch, he kneels in front of me. Now he looks nervous.

"I always thought that it would be hard for me to do something like this. But when i met you, and fell in love with you. It seems so easy." He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. "I love you, Violet. More than anything in this world. I would give up everything if it meant that i could stay with you. I would give up the band," My breath hitched at this. He loves his band. "My house, my life. My everything. So, yes, i'm nervous, but i'm only nervous mecause i don't want you to reject me. I know it's only been a little less than a year, but that's all i needed for me to realize what a wonderful woman you are and what a fool i would be if i didn't do this." He pulled a little velvet box out of his pocket and opened it. For a minute he just looked at it. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I can't believe this. I have wanted this.. but i was too scared that would be too much of a commitment for him. He took another deep breath and turned it to me, staring in my eyes. i covered my mouthwith my hand. It was beautiful. It was an emerald.. my birthstone. "Violet, would you do me the honor of mecoming my wife?" He smiled his wonderful crooked smile, and i couldn't hold it in anymore. I jumped on him.

"Oh my god, yes! A million yeses!" He caught me and wrapped his arms around me, standing. He covered my face in millions of kisses. I looked up at him, with nothing but love and happiness. This was the perfect Christmas.

-------------------------

This is just a sidestory!!!! this did NOT actually happen in Broken, Abused and Loved. Just a side story for Christmas. The pic of the engagement ring is to the right. Hope you liked. =)