"What are you looking for?" Tom asked. "Jocelyn?"

"Why would I be looking for her?"

Tom shrugged. "Are you going to that rager tonight that she's been talking about? It's supposed to be wild."

"I haven't even seen her." Harry stated. "Are you going?"

"I might," Tom said as he eyed Harry for his approval or disapproval. Connie was going to be there and he really wanted to go with her.

"What time?" Harry asked.

"She told me to pick her up at nine. You in?"

"Nothin' better to do," Harry now turned his full attention back to Tom. "Pick me up first." He didn't want Tom to bring anyone over to his house, even if it was briefly.

* * *

Bree was expecting Mr. Leary to call her into his office to tell her what a complete failure she had been with Harry Styles. When Miss Teale had come by their table that morning to collect Harry's homework, Bree caught a glimpse of the worksheet they'd been working on and just as she's suspected, there was nothing completed on it beyond what he'd done while she was still at his house. When she'd looked over at Harry, he gave her a smug glance in return before putting his head down on the desk and falling asleep. Bree had woken him up accidentally when she brushed by him to leave after the class had ended.

Each time the phone rang or a note was delivered to her class from the office, Bree held her breath in anticipation of having her name called. So when her math teacher casually approached her desk and placed a folded piece of paper on it without so much as a word, Bree felt every one of her internal organs tense in agony.

Slowly she unfolded the paper and glanced to see whom it was from. Tobias Nunes. Tobias Nunes? Who the heck was that?

Upon closer inspection, Bree came to know that Tobias Nunes was the president of the Mathletes, an on-campus group that competed in math tournaments throughout the region. Apparently Tobias was privy to the names of students who scored in the ninety-fifth percentile on their math assessments at Lockridge Falls High School. He was sure she would be overjoyed at the invitation to join the Mathletes and, as he put it, "bestow upon her student body the honor of her knowledge". Dry Heave.

Bree stifled an audible groan as she crumpled up the note and stuck it in her pocket. She was beginning to get a clear picture of what people saw when they looked at her. Did absolutely everything about her scream NERD? Since she had come to Lockridge Falls, she had been asked to join the chess club, the French club, the poetry club and now Mathletes. Oh, and let's not forget tutoring.

Truth be told, if Brre hadn't had a recent conversation with her parents regarding college and scholarships, there is no way on God's green earth that she would have even considered tutoring Harry Styles. But her parents had told her the same thing: she needed something to beef up her applications.

"You're a Caucasian female from a middle-income family – you need something to set your application apart from the rest," her father had said. Bree had known he was speaking the truth and it was this fact, and this fact only, that had led her to agree to tutor Harry. And now she had to remind herself of this fact daily, because she never wanted to set foot in front of Harry again.

The school day neared its end and as Bree approached her last class of the day, she hadn't heard anything from Mr. Leary and she was beginning to realize that she probably wouldn't. Just when she was beginning to relax, someone spoke from a very close proximity to her.

"Crown Bowling Supply? Is that where you work?"

Bree looked over to see a slender boy with dark blonde hair and beautiful hazel-green eyes.